Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloop after reinstalling cyanogenmod

Tip us?

marckvandijk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 49284452

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
Okay bro, here is the method I used to root my Tab:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535083

I'm not sure if you have a wifi only version, the 7" or the 10.1", but, the first time I tried to root I used this method which put me into custom recovery. I screwed up and didn't press the "disable stock recovery" option and couldn't get back into custom recovery. So I hooked it back up, went into odin, redid the process. It put me back into the custom recovery at which point I disabled the stock recovery and success! So basically, according to odin, I rooted twice but have had zero problems. I'm not sure if this will work or even help you, but it's worth a shot. I used the Philz P5110 zip (I have the 5113). If this doesn't work, then I would suggest seeing if I Android-Andi can help, the dude knows his stuff...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Oh, and just so you know, my version of the Tab does not have the bootloader to worry about. For all I know that could be were the issue lies...

I made it... Almost I finally have a CMW working again. The difference with my previous tries was that I now unchecked "F-reset Times" in Odin. But when I try to upload a new version of Cyanogenmod using ADB push "filename.zip" /sd I dont get any results when I want to install the zip. (No files found).

The counter in Download (ODIN Mode) is now 5 counts (Custom binary download: Yes 5 counts). Should that make any difference?

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 429
No, flash count shouldn't affect anything. The counter on my phone is probably huge! Ha! Have you tried flashing CM through recovery?

marckvandijk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
No, flash count shouldn't affect anything. The counter on my phone is probably huge! Ha! Have you tried flashing CM through recovery?

Yes I did. Ha! But when I try to upload the file by using ADB no files are found when I go to install from SDcard. When I go to mounts and storage and I press mount /sd card. Nothing happens. I wonder if i should repartition the SD card somehow. (I have red something about it) Would that help?

marckvandijk
Old
(Last edited by marckvandijk; 25th January 2014 at 10:53 AM.) Reason: updates
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I'm trying to install Jellybean, and I put the .zip file on my phone via USB before rebooting into recovery. When I press "choose zip from sdcard" it says No files found.

I even tried the following command:

adb push ./bigxie_JRN84D_rooted_busybox_deodexed.zip /sdcard

But it still says no files found.

I'm using a Galaxy nexus, which doesn't use a sdcard, only internal memory so maybe I am doing something wrong.

My phone is currently bricked and won't boot, so the only thing I can do is use recovery mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:

Tried unmounting and remounting everything, and it worked.
This is what I mean. But I can't mount or unmount my sdcard. Or it seems there doesn't happen anything.

When I try to sideload a rom, wherin I deleted the lines in the updater-script what should fix the status 7 error, I still get a status 7 error.

When trying to push the ROM using ADB, No Files Found appaears when pressing install from sdcard.. Whaa! But when I push the files it seems that are transferred correctly:

Quote:
C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20131030\sdk\platform-too
ls>adb push goedddd.zip /sd
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
4117 KB/s (170086041 bytes in 40.340s)
Any ideas?

marckvandijk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I don't know how but I fixed it! The tablet suddenly turned of and when I plugged it into the charger and tried to start it, it suddenly started booting Cyanogenmod. Crazy! I now have a stable version installed (10,1). But now I still have to install Gapps on my tablet. But now I can't access CWM anymore, neither downloadmode. Crazy again. Maybe it is because my battery is low on fuel.