24th January 2014, 05:38 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Okay bro, here is the method I used to root my Tab:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535083

I'm not sure if you have a wifi only version, the 7" or the 10.1", but, the first time I tried to root I used this method which put me into custom recovery. I screwed up and didn't press the "disable stock recovery" option and couldn't get back into custom recovery. So I hooked it back up, went into odin, redid the process. It put me back into the custom recovery at which point I disabled the stock recovery and success! So basically, according to odin, I rooted twice but have had zero problems. I'm not sure if this will work or even help you, but it's worth a shot. I used the Philz P5110 zip (I have the 5113). If this doesn't work, then I would suggest seeing if I Android-Andi can help, the dude knows his stuff...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Oh, and just so you know, my version of the Tab does not have the bootloader to worry about. For all I know that could be were the issue lies...

I made it... Almost I finally have a CMW working again. The difference with my previous tries was that I now unchecked "F-reset Times" in Odin. But when I try to upload a new version of Cyanogenmod using ADB push "filename.zip" /sd I dont get any results when I want to install the zip. (No files found).

The counter in Download (ODIN Mode) is now 5 counts (Custom binary download: Yes 5 counts). Should that make any difference?

24th January 2014, 06:44 PM |#12  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 520

More
No, flash count shouldn't affect anything. The counter on my phone is probably huge! Ha! Have you tried flashing CM through recovery?

24th January 2014, 08:12 PM |#13  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

No, flash count shouldn't affect anything. The counter on my phone is probably huge! Ha! Have you tried flashing CM through recovery?

Yes I did. Ha! But when I try to upload the file by using ADB no files are found when I go to install from SDcard. When I go to mounts and storage and I press mount /sd card. Nothing happens. I wonder if i should repartition the SD card somehow. (I have red something about it) Would that help?
24th January 2014, 08:27 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I'm trying to install Jellybean, and I put the .zip file on my phone via USB before rebooting into recovery. When I press "choose zip from sdcard" it says No files found.

I even tried the following command:

adb push ./bigxie_JRN84D_rooted_busybox_deodexed.zip /sdcard

But it still says no files found.

I'm using a Galaxy nexus, which doesn't use a sdcard, only internal memory so maybe I am doing something wrong.

My phone is currently bricked and won't boot, so the only thing I can do is use recovery mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:

Tried unmounting and remounting everything, and it worked.

This is what I mean. But I can't mount or unmount my sdcard. Or it seems there doesn't happen anything.

When I try to sideload a rom, wherin I deleted the lines in the updater-script what should fix the status 7 error, I still get a status 7 error.

When trying to push the ROM using ADB, No Files Found appaears when pressing install from sdcard.. Whaa! But when I push the files it seems that are transferred correctly:

Quote:

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Desktop\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20131030\sdk\platform-too
ls>adb push goedddd.zip /sd
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
4117 KB/s (170086041 bytes in 40.340s)

Any ideas?
25th January 2014, 02:17 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member

More
I don't know how but I fixed it! The tablet suddenly turned of and when I plugged it into the charger and tried to start it, it suddenly started booting Cyanogenmod. Crazy! I now have a stable version installed (10,1). But now I still have to install Gapps on my tablet. But now I can't access CWM anymore, neither downloadmode. Crazy again. Maybe it is because my battery is low on fuel.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)