Overclocking Nexus 10's Memory

Search This thread

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
I remember back when I had a Galaxy Nexus that it was possible to not only overclock it's CPU and GPU but also its memory. Now this got me thinking that since the Nexus 10 has a less than ideal amount of memory due to it's high screen resolution, maybe overclocking its memory might help performance and multitasking.

Now the question is.... is this possible to do?

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
If I can remember correctly some of the custom kernels have memory controls. KTmanta comes to mind. I think you may need the kernels control app to get at those settings. Also I'm using Tempest ROM an OMNI ROM variant and it includes numerous memory settings which may be what you are looking for.
You would need to enable developer mode then Settings->Performance, settings select "tabbed mode" then select the "memory" tab.

I've never messed with those settings myself but they are there for your amusement.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: michaelearth

capnkrunch

Dec 31, 2013
Chicago
KT has memory frequency exposed and I think that is the only one. That being said, no matter what settings I try on KT, Trinity 10 outbenchmarks it with mostly stock settings. That suggests to me you should probably look for a different way to improve your RAM performance, i.e. minfree values.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I can remember correctly some of the custom kernels have memory controls. KTmanta comes to mind. I think you may need the kernels control app to get at those settings. Also I'm using Tempest ROM an OMNI ROM variant and it includes numerous memory settings which may be what you are looking for.
    You would need to enable developer mode then Settings->Performance, settings select "tabbed mode" then select the "memory" tab.

I've never messed with those settings myself but they are there for your amusement.

Maybe try this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719934
    But of course depends on what kernel you are running, haven't used it on my n10 but works amazing on most my other devices

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app