5,599,842 Members 46,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Finally got GPS back

Tip us?
 
nickstopo
Old
#1  
nickstopo's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 51
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default [Q] Finally got GPS back

So I had no GPS after I flashed the MK2 modem. Can you lose GPS from going from Kit Kat back to Jelly Bean? I was on 4.2.2, then flashed 4.4.2, installed MK2, then decided to go try 4.3. What do you think? I ended up making a complete flash to Samsung Original Stock firmware MDL and finally, I see the birdies.
 
xdapowerapps
Old
#2  
xdapowerapps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 527
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstopo View Post
So I had no GPS after I flashed the MK2 modem. Can you lose GPS from going from Kit Kat back to Jelly Bean? I was on 4.2.2, then flashed 4.4.2, installed MK2, then decided to go try 4.3. What do you think? I ended up making a complete flash to Samsung Original Stock firmware MDL and finally, I see the birdies.
I didn't lose mine going from 4.2.2 --> 4.3.1 --> 4.4.2 --> 4.3

.
.
< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules
.
.
 
nickstopo
Old
#3  
nickstopo's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 51
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstopo View Post
So I had no GPS after I flashed the MK2 modem. Can you lose GPS from going from Kit Kat back to Jelly Bean? I was on 4.2.2, then flashed 4.4.2, installed MK2, then decided to go try 4.3. What do you think? I ended up making a complete flash to Samsung Original Stock firmware MDL and finally, I see the birdies.
Totally weird. I just don't know what caused it.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app
 
lordcheeto03
Old
#4  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 463
Posts: 1,351
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I'm the exact opposite.. I had lost my GPS a few months back. Nothing restored it; different ROMs, GPS status apps from the Play Store, full restore to stock (both MDB and MDL) via Odin, etc. It wasn't until I flashed MK2 modem/bb that my GPS came back.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
darkgandhi05
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 55
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
I'm the exact opposite.. I had lost my GPS a few months back. Nothing restored it; different ROMs, GPS status apps from the Play Store, full restore to stock (both MDB and MDL) via Odin, etc. It wasn't until I flashed MK2 modem/bb that my GPS came back.
Could you tell me which instructions you used for making the switch to MK2? There seems to be a lot of guides now and I'm in the same position that you were in, so I'd like to use whatever worked for you!
 
lordcheeto03
Old
#6  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 463
Posts: 1,351
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgandhi05 View Post
Could you tell me which instructions you used for making the switch to MK2? There seems to be a lot of guides now and I'm in the same position that you were in, so I'd like to use whatever worked for you!
Both this and this do the same thing; I can't remember which exact one I followed, but they both end up with the same result.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...