Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Soft bricked i9505

OP LeytC13

19th January 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I tried flashing Omega ROM v21 but it kept me stuck on the bootscreen so I tried to reflash my phone with the stock firmware. Whenever I try this it however fails on aboot.mbn. I've read some stuff and it appears to be caused by the fact that OmegaV21 required the new bootloader and you are unable to flash to an older firmware than the bootloader. Is there a way to flash the old bootloader or flash a ROM via Odin that uses the new bootloader?

Phone: Galaxy S i9505
Country: The Netherlands
Carrier: Tele 2
19th January 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
2,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeytC13

I tried flashing Omega ROM v21 but it kept me stuck on the bootscreen so I tried to reflash my phone with the stock firmware. Whenever I try this it however fails on aboot.mbn. I've read some stuff and it appears to be caused by the fact that OmegaV21 required the new bootloader and you are unable to flash to an older firmware than the bootloader. Is there a way to flash the old bootloader or flash a ROM via Odin that uses the new bootloader?

Phone: Galaxy S i9505
Country: The Netherlands
Carrier: Tele 2

If u had new bootloader with OmegaV21 you cant come back to one older bootloader.
- Reboot in Recovery
- Wipe all (factory reset, data, system, cache, dalvik cache)
- Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE
- Open Odin in ur pc
- Unrar and flash this FILE
- Wait till the process finish
19th January 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

If u had new bootloader with OmegaV21 you cant come back to one older bootloader.
- Reboot in Recovery
- Wipe all (factory reset, data, system, cache, dalvik cache)
- Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE
- Open Odin in ur pc
....

That's the problem, I have that file and it won't flash it. It stops on aboot.mbn.
19th January 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #4  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
2,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeytC13

That's the problem, I have that file and it won't flash it. It stops on aboot.mbn.

You have to unzip and use this .PIT file and flashing it by ODIN with the firmware
19th January 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

You have to unzip and use this .PIT file and flashing it by ODIN with the firmware

Still does not work. Have tried Odin 3.07 and 1.85. Whenever I add the .tar to 3.07 it gets stuck on "Leave CS...". If I flash it it gets stuck on aboot.mbn. Same goes for 1.85 but this doesn't give me the Leave CS message. Afaik you only need to have AutoReboot ticked on right?

Download mode says:

START (224, 1440)
SV REV, CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 3
Last edited by LeytC13; 19th January 2014 at 11:54 AM.
19th January 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #6  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
2,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeytC13

Still does not work. Have tried Odin 3.07 and 1.85. Whenever I add the .tar to 3.07 it gets stuck on "Leave CS...". If I flash it it gets stuck on aboot.mbn. Same goes for 1.85 but this doesn't give me the Leave CS message. Afaik you only need to have AutoReboot ticked on right?

Download mode says:

START (224, 1440)
SV REV, CHECK FAIL : fused : 4, Binary : 3

Why u didnt start ur thread telling this about DOWNLOAD MODE? You will have to get it to repair in one service center
19th January 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Why u didnt start ur thread telling this about DOWNLOAD MODE? You will have to get it to repair in one service center

Think I'm better off taking it to a service center or just dropping my phone so it's broken and call up insurance? KNOX is 0x1 so I don't know if they'll repair it at a service center or are able to.
19th January 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #8  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 651
 
2,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeytC13

Think I'm better off taking it to a service center or just dropping my phone so it's broken and call up insurance? KNOX is 0x1 so I don't know if they'll repair it at a service center or are able to.

In some countries they dont care about Knox 0x1, u will have to be informed about
19th January 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

In some countries they dont care about Knox 0x1, u will have to be informed about

Mmkay I'll go bring it by a service center tomorrow then. Hope they can fix it even though I'm on a new bootloader :\
25th January 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #10  
Joery1983's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 265
 
436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
If you have the new Bootloader you'll have to flash Samsung latest 4.4.2 firmware using odin 3.09. If you want I can provide you a download link on pm

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

If u had new bootloader with OmegaV21 you cant come back to one older bootloader.
- Reboot in Recovery
- Wipe all (factory reset, data, system, cache, dalvik cache)
- Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE
- Open Odin in ur pc
- Unrar and flash this FILE
- Wait till the process finish

The link you provided is MKF and yes this is the last firmware release for Holland but it still uses the 4.3 Bootloader since its 4.3 firmware. That's the reason it gets stuck during flashing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes