XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

[Q] HTC One X+ stock recovery

OP trachl

25th January 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello everyone,

I rooted my One X+ a while ago. I have now relocked the bootloader for OAT purpose. The update was downloaded to the phone, but the update progress would not get pass the bootloader.

I learnt quite a lot about similar problems via various threads. It seems like a problem with the recovery, or rather the recovery is not present, because I am not able to go into the recovery from the bootloader.

I have tried to search a correct stock recovery image but have not had any luck for a while now.

Any advice would be much appreciated: am I right in assessing that the problem is with the recovery? or it is actually something else that I need to fix.

The software version is 1.17.206.1, cid is O2__001. HBoot 1.35.

Many thanks...
Last edited by trachl; 25th January 2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to offer HBoot version
25th January 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 907

6,478 posts
More
Look in the TWRP thread in original Android dev. I'm sure Lloir posted a stock recovery for both the International & AT&T devices

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

Look in the TWRP thread in original Android dev. I'm sure Lloir posted a stock recovery for both the International & AT&T devices

Thanks for pointing this out. Am I right in thinking that a specific stock recovery corresponding to the software version and cid would be needed? because I have actually tried flash the international version of the TWRP recovery as well as the CWM recovery, but neither made a difference to resovling the symptom.
25th January 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Manchester

6,478 posts
More
No any international stock recovery will do. There all the same. Have you tried erasing /cache/ before and after you flash recovery? You can use the command "fastboot erase cache"

25th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

No any international stock recovery will do. There all the same. Have you tried erasing /cache/ before and after you flash recovery? You can use the command "fastboot erase cache"

Thanks for the tip off. I have just tried it but it didn't make a difference. Running the update from the phone still rebooted straight to the bootloader, and recovery is not accessible from the hboot menu either.
25th January 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Manchester

6,478 posts
More
It could be a corrupt misc partition. This kind of error is usually fixed by running an RUU. Do you know if there is one for you CID/Hboot version?

25th January 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

It could be a corrupt misc partition. This kind of error is usually fixed by running an RUU. Do you know if there is one for you CID/Hboot version?

Thanks. I thought of this approach too, but my search for a correct RUU (i.e. O2 UK, software version 1.17.206.1) has not been fruitful. I did try an unmatched RUU (Europe_1.17.401.1) but it understandably failed.

Just a quick thought tho, the recovery images that I tried were both flashed successfully; i.e. no error messages. This seems to suggest that data were written into the disk successfully. But I am very puzzled...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread