Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X+ stock recovery

Tip us?

trachl
Old
(Last edited by trachl; 25th January 2014 at 11:18 AM.) Reason: Forgot to offer HBoot version
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One X+ stock recovery

Hello everyone,

I rooted my One X+ a while ago. I have now relocked the bootloader for OAT purpose. The update was downloaded to the phone, but the update progress would not get pass the bootloader.

I learnt quite a lot about similar problems via various threads. It seems like a problem with the recovery, or rather the recovery is not present, because I am not able to go into the recovery from the bootloader.

I have tried to search a correct stock recovery image but have not had any luck for a while now.

Any advice would be much appreciated: am I right in assessing that the problem is with the recovery? or it is actually something else that I need to fix.

The software version is 1.17.206.1, cid is O2__001. HBoot 1.35.

Many thanks...

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 892
Look in the TWRP thread in original Android dev. I'm sure Lloir posted a stock recovery for both the International & AT&T devices

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

trachl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
Look in the TWRP thread in original Android dev. I'm sure Lloir posted a stock recovery for both the International & AT&T devices

Thanks for pointing this out. Am I right in thinking that a specific stock recovery corresponding to the software version and cid would be needed? because I have actually tried flash the international version of the TWRP recovery as well as the CWM recovery, but neither made a difference to resovling the symptom.

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 892
No any international stock recovery will do. There all the same. Have you tried erasing /cache/ before and after you flash recovery? You can use the command "fastboot erase cache"

My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

trachl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
No any international stock recovery will do. There all the same. Have you tried erasing /cache/ before and after you flash recovery? You can use the command "fastboot erase cache"

Thanks for the tip off. I have just tried it but it didn't make a difference. Running the update from the phone still rebooted straight to the bootloader, and recovery is not accessible from the hboot menu either.

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 892
It could be a corrupt misc partition. This kind of error is usually fixed by running an RUU. Do you know if there is one for you CID/Hboot version?

My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

trachl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It could be a corrupt misc partition. This kind of error is usually fixed by running an RUU. Do you know if there is one for you CID/Hboot version?

Thanks. I thought of this approach too, but my search for a correct RUU (i.e. O2 UK, software version 1.17.206.1) has not been fruitful. I did try an unmatched RUU (Europe_1.17.401.1) but it understandably failed.

Just a quick thought tho, the recovery images that I tried were both flashed successfully; i.e. no error messages. This seems to suggest that data were written into the disk successfully. But I am very puzzled...