5,596,925 Members 48,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to restore EFS partition N9005

Tip us?

AMalcolm
Old
(Last edited by AMalcolm; 25th January 2014 at 09:16 AM.) Reason: status changed
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up (SOLVED)How to restore EFS partition N9005

Hi, I have my phone back. Thanks to all of you and those who wrote about this issue.
What I did:
- following Genius' suggestions and mirek190's method ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567133 )

. go into recovery and make full wipe

. go to download mode

. install via Odin PHE-N9005XXUDMJ7-20131111145254 and use pit file (from mirek) as well and check boxes in odin :
nand erase all,
Re-partition
Phone efs clear

- after install rom go into recovery and make full wipe again

- odin again and install CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 (by Chainfire) ( button AP in odin )

- odin again and install philz_touch_6.08.9-hltexx.tar.md5 (by Phil3759) ( button AP in odin )

- boot system and voilą...no more "Factory Mode" and my EFS is back
Now we're ready for KitKat. Waiting X-NOTE V.8
The Following User Says Thank You to AMalcolm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricky310711
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4257

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMalcolm View Post
Hi, I have my phone back. Thanks to all of you and those who wrote about this issue.
What I did:
- following Genius' suggestions and mirek190's method ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567133 )

. go into recovery and make full wipe

. go to download mode

. install via Odin PHE-N9005XXUDMJ7-20131111145254 and use pit file (from mirek) as well and check boxes in odin :
nand erase all,
Re-partition
Phone efs clear

- after install rom go into recovery and make full wipe again

- odin again and install CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 (by Chainfire) ( button AP in odin )

- odin again and install philz_touch_6.08.9-hltexx.tar.md5 (by Phil3759) ( button AP in odin )

- boot system and voilą...no more "Factory Mode" and my EFS is back
Now we're ready for KitKat. Waiting X-NOTE V.8
With that being said im pretty sure flashing a modem could have fixed your problem?
Like my blog on facebook, add me to your circles, follow me on twitter or donate to me with paypal
The Following User Says Thank You to ricky310711 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AMalcolm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky310711 View Post
With that being said im pretty sure flashing a modem could have fixed your problem?
I don't know ricky. I'd flashed this rom many times before without succes. New things this time: - nand erase all - Phone efs clear - checked in Odin

ricky310711
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4257

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMalcolm View Post
I don't know ricky. I'd flashed this rom many times before without succes. New things this time: - nand erase all - Phone efs clear - checked in Odin
Did tge rom include a modem?
Like my blog on facebook, add me to your circles, follow me on twitter or donate to me with paypal

AMalcolm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
It's stock from Samsung Updates' site.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app