Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] best kernel for 4.4.2?

OP Travisholt92

23rd January 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #11  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,620
 
5,434 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

Alright what are those settings then lol

In my opinion, I found that leankernel is the best for battery saving/performance without tweaking...
23rd January 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

In my opinion, I found that leankernel is the best for battery saving/performance without tweaking...

I like tweaking though
23rd January 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #13  
beepea206's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
830 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

Alright what are those settings then lol

Here's only stuff I tweak.

SETTINGS:
TCP: 'yeah'
CPU FREQUENCY: min - 108000 / max - 1620000
GOVERNOR: freelunch

SPECIFIC:
Force Fast charge: YES.
Multicore Power Saving: 1
MPU Voltages: Press minus once for -25. Note that this may cause a 'wake lag' with the screen, so revert to 1150 @ the 1.512 frequency if you have issues.

I also tick the box for 'kernel settings' on reboot, so the app overrides other settings that are in effect @ boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to beepea206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepea206

Here's only stuff I tweak.

SETTINGS:
TCP: 'yeah'
CPU FREQUENCY: min - 108000 / max - 1620000
GOVERNOR: freelunch

SPECIFIC:
Force Fast charge: YES.
Multicore Power Saving: 1
MPU Voltages: Press minus once for -25. Note that this may cause a 'wake lag' with the screen, so revert to 1150 @ the 1.512 frequency if you have issues.

I also tick the box for 'kernel settings' on reboot, so the app overrides other settings that are in effect @ boot.

How do I change the tcp
23rd January 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #15  
beepea206's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
830 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
In Trickster, TCP is at the very top of the 'Settings' window and should be a drop down menu.
23rd January 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepea206

In Trickster, TCP is at the very top of the 'Settings' window and should be a drop down menu.

Not there on the version I have
23rd January 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #17  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,620
 
5,434 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

Not there on the version I have

In Trickster, under general, the first option on very top "TCP congestion control"...
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #18  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

In Trickster, under general, the first option on very top "TCP congestion control"...

Thank you very much
25th January 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
I've always used Lean Kernel for touchwiz and aosp roms. Very battery friendly and over clockable. I also like DKP for touchwiz. DKP has TricksterMod support and I believe Lean Kernel does as well. But if the rom has performance in the settings menu of the rom I use that instead.
25th January 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #20  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Thanks to beepea206... I'm now getting 20+ hours of battery life off of one charge... I'm not changing a thing

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes