5,597,542 Members 31,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bought a Verizon PrePaid Moto G Today...

Tip us?

me myself and i
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay295 View Post
You can bypass the activation easily, simply hit next 1 time, pull down the notification center, click on the multitasking button and swipe away the activation screen quickly, and boom! You have a $100 iPod touch alternative (which is why I bought it) I recorded a short video to show you, wiped it real quick because I just got it yesterday anyways

Code:
youtu.be/qhphsyRFEy4
you sir saved me a heart attack thanks a million
Yes, I'm addicted to XDA
Running pac man 23.0.0 rom on Samsung galaxy player 5.0

AstroBoy89
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwa View Post
I would humbly disagree. Neither the Droid 3 or the Droid Bionic were originally made for GSM usage. But both have been modified to be used with US providers. Myself, my main phone right now on AT&T IS a Droid Bionic on their unlimited non-smartphone data plan.

It is possible IF the hardware is capable.... This is XDA, hacking things to do what they were not made to do is in OUR BLOOD. It's why we're here.

(And Yes, "This is XDA!" should be said like "This is SPARTA!")

Edit: Look at the Snapdragon 400 specs under modem here.

Edit 2: Has anyone tried this for root yet on 4.3? (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276)
The droid bionic was compatible because it had modems for both gsm and cdma. The moto g variants released so far are only gsm with the exception of the Verizon variant. I'm not saying you shouldn't try. However think about this....why would Verizon brand a moto g and put it on sale for only $99? It sounds too good to be true about flashing it to work on gsm networks. As this is XDA, GO MY BROTHERS AND DEFEAT THE BIG RED ONE THAT CONTROLS THE U.S. TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK!!!

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk