Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 53,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stock music app in costum roms?

Tip us?

elad.g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] stock music app in costum roms?

Well, I had enough with my stock rom,
The only thing that stop me from moving on to costume roms is the stock music player.
He is a bit ugly and the sound quality is not that good but he have some great features
Like controlling the volume without opening the screen and the small control menu
In the lock screen witch enable u to do pretty much anything without passing the lock screen.
Both of them r vey useful (like when u in the gym/working out etc..)

So….
1. Is it possible to import it from the stock rom to other costume roms ??
2. Since I think I know the answer (NOOO ) anybody know another music app that can do this stuff?

Thanks…

balloon27
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by elad.g View Post
Controlling the volume without opening the screen
Do you mean using the volume rocker? I guess that works on every single app

Quote:
Originally Posted by elad.g View Post
And the small control menu in the lock screen
I believe you mean the notification widget? Can't recall the controls being on the lockscreen in stock.. Most apps these days have that function too. 4.2+ ROMs do put your music controls on the lockscreen though! In in CM based ROMs you can also skip to the next song by holding the VOL+ button while the screen is off.

I personally use Google Play Music, and it has all the functions I need. (except for a sleep timer...)

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to balloon27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 531
I doubt it since alternatives from poweramp to fusion music player all annihilate with no competition the stock music app...
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

elad.g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon27 View Post
Do you mean using the volume rocker? I guess that works on every single app

I believe you mean the notification widget? Can't recall the controls being on the lockscreen in stock.. Most apps these days have that function too. 4.2+ ROMs do put your music controls on the lockscreen though! In in CM based ROMs you can also skip to the next song by holding the VOL+ button while the screen is off.

I personally use Google Play Music, and it has all the functions I need. (except for a sleep timer...)

Hope this helps!
i didn't know that in 4.2+ ROMs all this options are built in so...
i guess all that is left for me is to choose costume karnel and costume rom and flash

thanks ............
Tags
stock music