Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Safestrap & ROM installation

Tip us?

ATGkompressor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default (Q) Safestrap & ROM installation

How do I go about installing Wicked Sensations through safestrap?

I have not yet installed safestrap as I am somewhat gun-shy on doing so. I want to make sure I do all of this in correct order and procedure.

And also, once I install the Rom, will I able to go back to stock since i am just booting through ROM-slots? And will I have to choose what slot to boot on the spashscreen every time I boot?
Via Solitary Confined SGS3

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGkompressor View Post
How do I go about installing Wicked Sensations through safestrap?

I have not yet installed safestrap as I am somewhat gun-shy on doing so. I want to make sure I do all of this in correct order and procedure.

And also, once I install the Rom, will I able to go back to stock since i am just booting through ROM-slots? And will I have to choose what slot to boot on the spashscreen every time I boot?
Everything is linked in the op of the safestrap thread. But you have the right idea.

You have a stock system that remains untouched, you're able to partition 2-4 slots and put roms on each slot. The more roms you have, the less space you have leftover on your SD card for everything else.

When you boot up, you'll have a special screen asking you to boot on the selected rom slot, or boot into recovery to pick another one. Booting into recovery mode the normal way will no longer work.

You should still read everything on the op page. He also links to another website that gives detailed information on exactly how it works and how to operate it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ATGkompressor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Awesome, just watched the video on the site and it answered all my questions. Thank u! Here we go!!!!!!!

ATGkompressor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Except this one. Will I be able to flash .zip files like the transparent AccuWeather widget and mods like that?

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGkompressor View Post
Except this one. Will I be able to flash .zip files like the transparent AccuWeather widget and mods like that?

Yes, it's only going to show up on the slot you flash it in.

ATGkompressor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
Yes, it's only going to show up on the slot you flash it in.

So long as i don't flash anything......ANYTHING...over my stock slot right? I can flash like paparazzi on the Rom slots! This really is a work of art. Hashcode is right on time with this...plus, I'm liking the TWRP interface. I came from a HTC Thunderbolt with 4EXT, boy am I missing that....

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Don't mean to steal ur thread i jst dnt wanna make a duplicate.. After safetrap is installed does it make slots automatically or do i have to make them? Haven't look intk tw roms so haven't decided wich to flasb jst want the barebones thag takes off bloatware and makes it run smoothly. Saying that do i flash the ML1 modem or firmware after i flash the rom??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
Don't mean to steal ur thread i jst dnt wanna make a duplicate.. After safetrap is installed does it make slots automatically or do i have to make them? Haven't look intk tw roms so haven't decided wich to flasb jst want the barebones thag takes off bloatware and makes it run smoothly. Saying that do i flash the ML1 modem or firmware after i flash the rom??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
It assigns slot 3&4, but you have to create the storage size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium