APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CWM recovery update

OP lakotamm

24th January 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi.
I have an issue with my Desire bravo. I can't install Evervolv's KK 4.4.
A year ago I used unrevoked3 to root my phone. It installed CWM 2.5.0.7. I had tried many 4.2.2 ROMs and than decided to stick with MildWild.
Now I want to try KK4.4 but I simply can't install it. CWM always writes: Status 0. Installation arborted.
I tried to update CWM through ROM manager but it won't update it. It writes that current version is 5.0.2.0, however when I boot into Recovery I can see that I have the same CWM.

Can somebody help me please?
Thanks.
Last edited by lakotamm; 24th January 2014 at 11:08 PM.
25th January 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,391

3,584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakotamm

Hi.
I have an issue with my Desire bravo. I can't install Evervolv's KK 4.4.
A year ago I used unrevoked3 to root my phone. It installed CWM 2.5.0.7. I had tried many 4.2.2 ROMs and than decided to stick with MildWild.
Now I want to try KK4.4 but I simply can't install it. CWM always writes: Status 0. Installation arborted.
I tried to update CWM through ROM manager but it won't update it. It writes that current version is 5.0.2.0, however when I boot into Recovery I can see that I have the same CWM.

Can somebody help me please?
Thanks.

flash latest 4ext recovery, latest update changes were made to be compatible with kitkat.
25th January 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue

flash latest 4ext recovery, latest update changes were made to be compatible with kitkat.

I tried to flash it without success. Than I went to Hboot and it wrote that I had S-ON (that's strange). So I used Revolutionary to S-OFF my phone. It flashed CWM 4.0.1.4 and waw - everything works!
Last edited by lakotamm; 25th January 2014 at 01:00 PM.
25th January 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 616

1,409 posts
More
Quote:

I tried to flash it without success. Than I went to Hboot and it wrote that I have S-ON (that's strange). So I used Revolutionary to S-OFF my phone. It flashed CWM 4.0.1.4 and waw - everything works!

Lastly, uninstall ROM manager, it's bad for Desire. You don't need it.

As long as you only use CWM to install / wipe you'll be ok, do not use it to partition your sd card.

4EXT is generally a better recovery, and is also recommended for partitioning, you can install it using the 4EXT app or flash it through fastboot commands.

Now that you're S-OFF it's much more powerful (e.g. you can change hboot). You were wasting a lot of memory while S-ON with stock hboot and mildwild.
25th January 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehk6

Lastly, uninstall ROM manager, it's bad for Desire. You don't need it.

As long as you only use CWM to install / wipe you'll be ok, do not use it to partition your sd card.

4EXT is generally a better recovery, and is also recommended for partitioning, you can install it using the 4EXT app or flash it through fastboot commands.

Now that you're S-OFF it's much more powerful (e.g. you can change hboot). You were wasting a lot of memory while S-ON with stock hboot and mildwild.

I have already flashed 4EXT.

What's the advantage of using custom hboots? I think that Evervolv's roms can be flashed only on stock hboot.

I have flashed Evervolv's nightly KK4.4. It seems to work OK (but I liked Jelly Bean's interface more).

Thank you guys.
25th January 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 616

1,409 posts
More
Quote:

I have already flashed 4EXT.

What's the advantage of using custom hboots? I think that Evervolv's roms can be flashed only on stock hboot.

I have flashed Evervolv's nightly KK4.4. It seems to work OK (but I liked Jelly Bean's interface more).

Thank you guys.

custom hboots simply allow for more space, one of the primary reasons for gaining s-off and rooting in the first place

a custom hboot generally has a smaller /system and /cache and therefore more /data (internal memory)

depending on which mildwild rom, you only filled 100 to 130MB of the 250MB /system partition on stock hboot, which wastes max ~150MB. You could have used cm7r2 hboot or similar to nearly double the /data partition and hence more space for apps.

You're right though, now beside the point for ROMs like Evervolv which require stock hboot....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread