XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gpad and Xbmc guide?

Tip us?

Tora75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Gpad and Xbmc guide?

Hi guys not even sure if I can ask this here and forgive me for being a total thickoid but can you put Xbmc on this machine(looking to buy one for my girlfriend)if so can anyone point me in right direction how to do so?....

rockbigdave
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora75 View Post
Hi guys not even sure if I can ask this here and forgive me for being a total thickoid but can you put Xbmc on this machine(looking to buy one for my girlfriend)if so can anyone point me in right direction how to do so?....
You can just download the APK from the XBMC website and install it on the tab. It works fine on the G Pad, however unless your hooking it up to a TV via a dock or MHL adapter, your best sticking with a basic media player for playing files on the tab itself.

I can't post links yet but Google 'XBMX Android' and it's the first link!

fg102
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yes you can workni great so far!

dav2002gr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed many versions all seem prone to crushes what version you used may i ask?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

achilleas8095
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav2002gr View Post
I installed many versions all seem prone to crushes what version you used may i ask?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I'm using 12.3 frodo both in galaxy tab 3 and Lg g pad 8.3 and everything is fine (you have to be rooted)

dav2002gr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by achilleas8095 View Post
I'm using 12.3 frodo both in galaxy tab 3 and Lg g pad 8.3 and everything is fine (you have to be rooted)
Until now i have installed it to galaxy s3 rooted plays fine and nexus 7 stock (not root) and it plays fine, first time i read that i have to be rooted to use xbmc

achilleas8095
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav2002gr View Post
Until now i have installed it to galaxy s3 rooted plays fine and nexus 7 stock (not root) and it plays fine, first time i read that i have to be rooted to use xbmc
My fault in ios you have to jailbreak

Στάλθηκε από το LG-V500 μου

zahir32
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default XBMC - XAF Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilleas8095 View Post
My fault in ios you have to jailbreak

Στάλθηκε από το LG-V500 μου
With a decent internet connection, XBMC works very well on the stock rom or with the Malladus custom rom.It doesn't work with any of the Kit Kat-based custom roms currently available. Which is why I can't use the latter.

The best results I've obtained have been with the XAF build of XBMC. This is the version that automatically uses MX Player to play back video. It's free from many of the issues that can affect playback using XBMC's native player.

1. You install MX Player (free version) from the Play Store and run it once. Go to settings/decoder and check H/W + (for smooth hardware acceleration).

2. You install the XAF build of XBMC, which used to be found here, thanks to a developer. I think the link still works.

http://goo.im/devs/kemonine/xbmc/xbm...47b0a23c60.apk

3. Search any recent on-line guide to how to set up XBMC add-ons, especially from XBMChub and Xunity. What is available will amaze you.

jionny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora75 View Post
I also have XBMC 12.3 installed on my G Pad and it works great....you can get from xbmc.org

zahir32
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Hardware Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jionny View Post
I also have XBMC 12.3 installed on my G Pad and it works great....you can get from xbmc.org
Great, glad you're getting on ok with 12.3.

I should clarify: none of the XBMC Frodo builds, including 12.3, is hardware accelerated. For the smooth playback of all true HD video, you need that. That's why I use the XAF build, because it relies on MX player and its superb hardware acceleration. That combo can handle just about any type of streamed video.