Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

please help tried everything , thanks in advance

Tip us?

Dj_Apollo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy please help tried everything , thanks in advance

i bought a lg 4x hd 2 days ago it was on ics 4.0.3/4 plugged it into my computer and lg mobile support tool told me there was a firmware update available so i went ahead and clicked it , it started ok then got to 48% and stopped never got further , ive tried all the methods online and it gets to like 39% then maybe 40% furthest i got was 55% when it stopped , i gave them all over 15mins before deciding it hadnt worked ive just ran out of idea's now , i cant get into recovery as the key combination puts the phone in s/w update mode as thats the only mode i can get into , the phone was never rooted it was a standard phone , if anyone can help / advise id be be grateful

dimi89
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Try disabling LG modem in Device manager, unplug it and plug again then try.Also there are many threads about updating software and problems that may occur so you need to Google a bit

Послато са LG-P880 уз помоћ Тапатока
****LG 4x -Experimenting with different roms- ****

P.S.If someone help you it is polite to say "Thank you" (in this case hit "Thank you" button

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Check the tutorial "how to flash a kdz file step by step" and you can do the update manually
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

Dj_Apollo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i sorted it and could it really of been that i tried with the usb cable from my htc one and it worked ?????? can it be the usb cable u use etc

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 529
yes ofc the cable can be a cause. I have the stock and an extra one and one is a little loose on the phone side so if i move the phone around it will connect/disconnect
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee