XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help: big lag issue

Tip us?

ottomanhero
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladja10 View Post
App didn't help, I got the same error. Never mind, I give up Will use Trickstermod after every single reboot until finally find solution. Thanks @ottomanhero for all your help.

@GalaxyVolvoZ that app looks realy nice. Finally a good replacement for Stock Gallery.

@klbterminator I don't have any problems with SD, at least didn't so far

Thanks guys.

Regards,
Vladimir
Well, try to tweak governor settings using trickstermod (and set on boot) and use init.d script for GPU.It kinda bugged scaling before for me but maybe it was caused by something else.You should give it a try

lencary
Old
Thanks Meter 0
感觉不错。

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vladja10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
A week ago I flashed CM11 as well as Iodak 9.5 kernel and asked myself: what took me so long to go from stock to CM. Everything works as it should: init.d script, Trickstermod and all other things that didn't work properly on Stock.

But, have to admit, it's not as smooth as I expected. It's a bit laggy, not even close how it was on Stock, but a little bit yes. I'm using following tweaks:

Governor: interactive
Max: 1500000
Min/Max Screen Off: 760000
Scheduler: SIO
CPUQuiet Power: balanced

echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_maxspeed_load
echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/midrange_go_maxspeed_load
echo "60000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time
echo "20000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate
echo 200 300 400 450 500 600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_overclock

Do you guys have any advice how to improve performance a little bit to get rid of lag, but still to have a decent batery life?

dimi89
Old
Thanks Meter 153
@vladja10 I don't have any lag in CM 11 nightlyes and I am using stock kernel.

Послато са LG-P880 уз помоћ Тапатока
****LG 4x -Experimenting with different roms- ****

P.S.If someone help you it is polite to say "Thank you" (in this case hit "Thank you" button

elad.g
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS View Post
The ROM can make a difference, but it has nothing to do with "Free RAM". I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth.

Free RAM is wasted memory on an Android device. Unless you are getting below about 50MB there is not a problem as the device is designed to use as much as it can and then swap it out automatically.

I agree about CM11 though. I'm running the latest nightly and the only problem I have is the delay in waking when you press the power button
Well I saw your posts on some of the threads and I had to address it.
The reason that you have ram on your phone/computer/etc,
Is to give the system the ability to Access the data and use it as fast as she can.
Your saying that free ram is wasted ram is only partially right,
When you see on our phone `150M free ram, it's not because everything is ok.
What the system does, is forcing some important/used apps out of ram and it make them Cached processes To be able to keep that gap of free ram (`150m) which will able the system to run properly.
But actually the system do lack of ram !!! and its messes with the performance,
Because when the system will need that Cached process it will use it while it cached (slow performance) or bring it back to ram while caching another process to keep the gap (again, the result is bad performance).
You can check in your phone and u will c that we have about 100m of cached process (depending on the amount of apps that u use)
So to keep it simple and summarize it:
If you have 1GB of ram on your phone, 150MB free ram , 0 cached processes - free ram is wasted ram
If you have 1GB of ram on your phone, 150MB free ram , >1mb cached processes your system needs more ram and the maker of this phone made a bad decision, maybe because he wanted to lower the price a little, but still - bad decision

ottomanhero
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladja10 View Post
A week ago I flashed CM11 as well as Iodak 9.5 kernel and asked myself: what took me so long to go from stock to CM. Everything works as it should: init.d script, Trickstermod and all other things that didn't work properly on Stock.

But, have to admit, it's not as smooth as I expected. It's a bit laggy, not even close how it was on Stock, but a little bit yes. I'm using following tweaks:

Governor: interactive
Max: 1500000
Min/Max Screen Off: 760000
Scheduler: SIO
CPUQuiet Power: balanced

echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_maxspeed_load
echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/midrange_go_maxspeed_load
echo "60000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time
echo "20000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate
echo 200 300 400 450 500 600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_overclock

Do you guys have any advice how to improve performance a little bit to get rid of lag, but still to have a decent batery life?
-First of all don't use GPU freq 600 mhz, 564 uses less power by far and is stable under less voltage so you get less heat, less power consumption.Not worth for the 36 mhz.
-Deadline scheduler is better than SIO.SIO might show you better benchmarking scores, but it is not as fast as it seems.It isn't stable so you'll get lag spikes.
-Maybe you mean the UI lag.There is really nothing much you can do about it as it doesn't really put any load on CPU so you get some lags.Notice how navigation bar is smoother while using an app, but it gets laggy in launcher.
-Also try vanir, it looks smoother overall (IO etc.) but haven't tried gaming yet.
-Get android tweaker 2 and use some build.prop tweaks.They helped me with UI responsiveness in CM.(Make sure to not enable power supply under battery tweaks, it gave me a bootloop.)
-I found runnable smoother than balanced, somehow.
-I suggest you to keep max freq while screen is off, @ 475 mhz cause it'll be using LP core.I haven't tried music playback as I have my mp4 to do playback stuff but I guess it shouldn't lag on 475 mhz.
-Give seeder a try and/or find entropy enlarger tweaks to keep your entropy high, this helps with overall smoothness of the phone.Vanir seems to have a seeder like service runing to keep the entropy full, so that is why it's so smooth.
-Set readahead cache size to 5.5 mb or 2 mb.5.5 gives me the best benchmark results on 10 MB & 100 MB files (tested via android tuner free)

Stock rom is the slowest of all so I don't really get how you think CM is almost as laggy as stock.

Click thanks if I helped
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ottomanhero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]