Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked i337M With Rogers HELP :s

Tip us?

robhart44@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bricked i337M With Rogers HELP :s

Hey everyone,

So from what I can tell my phone is officially bricked.

Been reading XDA for a long time and I am having my first big (hopefully not serious) issue.

Heres what happened:

I was looking to switch my phone from Rogers to Wind - which required unlocking. I saw numerous people were having sucess using the *#0011# and other codes but it didn't work. Thinking I could save a few bucks I thought I would try some other methods. I saw people having success with the Chainfire AreaAway Lock program..

- I used the moto chopper Rooter - which didn't root it

- Ran another one (pretty much same looking program) - phone sucessfully rooted (also did something to KNOX - shows on boot up)

- Ran Chainfire Areaaway lock - unlocked region code (didnt unlock sim tho)

- ran ODIN and flashed I337MVLUAMDJ_I337MOYAAMDJ_I337MVLUAMDJ_HOME.tar.md 5

- At this point the phone wouldn't start up at all - it would boot to the S4 screen and stays at "Samsung"

- No chance to factoriy reset - cannot get into recovery mode

- Will enter download mode

- Ran ODIN and flashed I337MUMUAMI1_I337MUWAAMI1_I337MUMUAMI1_HOME.tar.md 5

- This was apparently 4.2.2 as well but the Dominican Republic version which I had read also worked for some people (IDK why)

- Since I flashed it the first time it says the kernal is incorrect upon start up as well.

- What can I do from here?

I have been trying to get the stock 4.3 ROM For Rogers to download but haven't been able to download it yet, I found it on

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2269304

but Rapidgator was the only one which worked for me - it has a 14 hour download time. The other also keep disconnecting.

I contacted Samsung and they are willing to send me a shipping label so I can send it in - However I have already taken it to a few different shops and they think I have voided my warranty...

What sort of charge do you guys think Samsung would charge me?

Any ideas - thoughts?

Please HEEEELP!

Cheers

azuziel
Old
Thanks Meter 71
The knox 0x1 on boot up is your warranty voided. Just use kies emergency firmware recovery to flash back to stock. Do a factory reset after recovery fixed. Use kingo root to obtain root on 4.3 stock fw. If you send it in with knox trippef, its a 200 dollar fee. In Canada anyway.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

robhart44@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuziel View Post
The knox 0x1 on boot up is your warranty voided. Just use kies emergency firmware recovery to flash back to stock. Do a factory reset after recovery fixed. Use kingo root to obtain root on 4.3 stock fw. If you send it in with knox trippef, its a 200 dollar fee. In Canada anyway.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
Thanks for your time, I was worried about the knox 0x1.

I did try the kies emergency recovery however I didn't have backup on file =o

Managed to get the phone back to a working state after downloading the 4.3 stock rom and flashing with ODIN, was downloading all night!

Now I just need to get it unlocked, trying to find a decent unlocker online or possibly just end up paying the $50 from rogers.

Cheers

azuziel
Old
Thanks Meter 71
There are a few methods around here for unlocking. Just keep in mind that most unlocks kill lte (so 4g will be fastest, from what I've read) , and the unlock is permanent if you use a free method, not sure about rogers code, imagine same.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhart44@gmail.com View Post
Thanks for your time, I was worried about the knox 0x1.

I did try the kies emergency recovery however I didn't have backup on file =o

Managed to get the phone back to a working state after downloading the 4.3 stock rom and flashing with ODIN, was downloading all night!

Now I just need to get it unlocked, trying to find a decent unlocker online or possibly just end up paying the $50 from rogers.

Cheers
See above.

Sent from my SGH-I337M