[Q] Bricked i337M With Rogers HELP :s
So from what I can tell my phone is officially bricked.
Been reading XDA for a long time and I am having my first big (hopefully not serious) issue.
Heres what happened:
I was looking to switch my phone from Rogers to Wind - which required unlocking. I saw numerous people were having sucess using the *#0011# and other codes but it didn't work. Thinking I could save a few bucks I thought I would try some other methods. I saw people having success with the Chainfire AreaAway Lock program..
- I used the moto chopper Rooter - which didn't root it
- Ran another one (pretty much same looking program) - phone sucessfully rooted (also did something to KNOX - shows on boot up)
- Ran Chainfire Areaaway lock - unlocked region code (didnt unlock sim tho)
- ran ODIN and flashed I337MVLUAMDJ_I337MOYAAMDJ_I337MVLUAMDJ_HOME.tar.md 5
- At this point the phone wouldn't start up at all - it would boot to the S4 screen and stays at "Samsung"
- No chance to factoriy reset - cannot get into recovery mode
- Will enter download mode
- Ran ODIN and flashed I337MUMUAMI1_I337MUWAAMI1_I337MUMUAMI1_HOME.tar.md 5
- This was apparently 4.2.2 as well but the Dominican Republic version which I had read also worked for some people (IDK why)
- Since I flashed it the first time it says the kernal is incorrect upon start up as well.
- What can I do from here?
I have been trying to get the stock 4.3 ROM For Rogers to download but haven't been able to download it yet, I found it on
but Rapidgator was the only one which worked for me - it has a 14 hour download time. The other also keep disconnecting.
I contacted Samsung and they are willing to send me a shipping label so I can send it in - However I have already taken it to a few different shops and they think I have voided my warranty...
What sort of charge do you guys think Samsung would charge me?
Any ideas - thoughts?