Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted Device

Tip us?

Cloud1989
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Rooted Device

Hey guys i rooted my phone using the vroot option, everything went smoothly and my device gained root, The problem is how do i change from the Chinese supersu to normal supersu?

I've found guides on youtube to change it over but when i did the options my root was removed instead of changing over to normal supersu,

I have rooted my device before using flashtool by changing the kernel to an older 1 and then using doomlords method, but this time my kernel wouldn't change in my phone settings as it was saying i was still on the one i had, hence why i had to use a different method

I'm no n00b to flashing devices as I've had previous experience with other android devices,

Some help please, much appreciated

joke19
Old
Thanks Meter 73
U have cwm recovery then flash supersu.zip from the supersu site. Or when not open the zip and test to install the apk over it.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP
The Following User Says Thank You to joke19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cloud1989
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joke19 View Post
U have cwm recovery then flash supersu.zip from the supersu site. Or when not open the zip and test to install the apk over it.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP

Thanks for replying, I've already sorted the problem out by trying flashtool again and somehow it succeeded