Thanks Meter 1315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Slayman View Post
BTW
I already tried GT-I9105P and GT-I9105P_EUR_JU_XX models
both never passed the samsung galaxy s2 plus logo

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
These are the right sources. Are you sure you used right cmdline, pagesize and base with mkbootimg?

BTW: To get swap working you don't need to enable it in defconfig only. You need init.d support(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287540) and put a script to system/etc/init.d/, wich enables swap every boot(i think with mkswap and swapon). Or you can try zram
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolDevelopment For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr.Slayman
Old
(Last edited by Dr.Slayman; 25th January 2014 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDevelopment View Post
These are the right sources. Are you sure you used right cmdline, pagesize and base with mkbootimg?

BTW: To get swap working you don't need to enable it in defconfig only. You need init.d support(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287540) and put a script to system/etc/init.d/, wich enables swap every boot(i think with mkswap and swapon). Or you can try zram
Thanx for ur answer ..
I used the stock boot.img cmdline , pagesize and base generated by umkbootimg .. still stuck on galaxy s2+ screen.
And about the init.d script I tried it .. mkswap works ...swapon gives "function not implanted"
I googled it .. most of the answers were "should be enabled in kernel" .. so I'm trying ..
Thanx

Edit:
Will recompile .. I'm using linaro toolchain ... I'll try google's .. hope it'll work

CoolDevelopment
Old
Thanks Meter 1315

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Slayman View Post
Thanx for ur answer ..
I used the stock boot.img cmdline , pagesize and base generated by umkbootimg .. still stuck on galaxy s2+ screen.
And about the init.d script I tried it .. mkswap works ...swapon gives "function not implanted"
I googled it .. most of the answers were "should be enabled in kernel" .. so I'm trying ..
Thanx

I don't know, whats wrong with your kernel. I am using
Code:
mkbootimg --kernel boot.img-zImage --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.gz --cmdline 'console=ttyS0,115200n8 mem=832M@0xA2000000 androidboot.console=ttyS0 vc-cma-mem=0/176M@0xCB000000' --board capri --base a2000000 --pagesize 4096 --ramdisk_offset 01000000 -o boot.img
and a mkbootimg compiled from latest aosp source. I am not wondering, that swapon does not work, you need to enable swap in defconfig first and it only works with your compiled zImage
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolDevelopment For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr.Slayman
Old
Thanks Meter 3
"--ramdisk_offset"
I didn't use this option
I'll try it as compiling finishes
Thanx for ur help @CoolDevelopment :thumbup: