Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyone tried rumrunner for radio s off?

OP scotty1223

24th January 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #1  
scotty1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,445
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Rumrunner has a tool for the HTC one v,wich is very similar hardware. It may work on the sensation xl.

Install a rom with an insecure kernel,and run the one v tool.

I tried it on htc flyer,no harm will be done if the tool doesn't work.

Just wanted to throw it out there if no one has tried it

http://rumrunner.us/

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app
24th January 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

Rumrunner has a tool for the HTC one v,wich is very similar hardware. It may work on the sensation xl.

Install a rom with an insecure kernel,and run the one v tool.

I tried it on htc flyer,no harm will be done if the tool doesn't work.

Just wanted to throw it out there if no one has tried it


Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app

I tried it and it didnt work for me. i sued it in Ubuntu.

I set it up just fine but it didnt s-off me.
i got s-off using the XL Multitool
The Following User Says Thank You to alexfadhili2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #3  
scotty1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,445
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfadhili2

I tried it and it didnt work for me. i sued it in Ubuntu.

I set it up just fine but it didnt s-off me.
i got s-off using the XL Multitool

how far did it get,and what errors did it give you?

i assume the xl multitool is just intalling the patched hboot?
24th January 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I got no errors from it. Everything went well. It rebooted thrice and when it was done nothing had changed.
I had the exact same hboot.
The the fact that it roots as well didn't work

Sent from my Sensation XL using xda app-developers app
24th January 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #5  
scotty1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,445
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfadhili2

I got no errors from it. Everything went well. It rebooted thrice and when it was done nothing had changed.
I had the exact same hboot.
The the fact that it roots as well didn't work

Sent from my Sensation XL using xda app-developers app

Did you already have the patched hboot installed?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Yes sir.

Sent from my Sensation XL using xda app-developers app
24th January 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #7  
scotty1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,445
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfadhili2

Yes sir.

Sent from my Sensation XL using xda app-developers app

Then it probably worked, and you just do not know it. it is not installing a new hboot on the one v

If you install a stock hboot you may well find that you are still s off

If you do not want to do that, you can dump p7 for me and I can look at the radio flag

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Lattakia
Thanks Meter: 15
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfadhili2

I got no errors from it. Everything went well. It rebooted thrice and when it was done nothing had changed.
I had the exact same hboot.
The the fact that it roots as well didn't work

The same things EXACTLY happened to me.
I am on Runny-Kitkat 4.4.2 V8 and those are my data before and after the process:
*** UNLOCKED ***
RUNNYMEDE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.28.0006
RADOI-3831.18.00.26_M
eMMC-BOOT
Apr 24 2012,18:59:39

My output:
==================== rumrunner S-OFF 0.5.0 ==============================

rumrunner S-OFF comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied)
and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task.
We have made every effort we can to make this a safe process for users
however the authors disclaim any liability for damage to your phone
or other materials or devices used during this process.

The entire risk of running rumrunner S-OFF lies with you, the user.
By using this software you acknowledge and accept that the authors
are not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.

Do you understand the implications of this warning?
(Yes/No)
Yes

Dear User: We will expect that YOU:
(1) Know how to use ADB and FASTBOOT binaries
---- [Yes, use these tools to test USB connection BEFORE running rumrunner] ----

(2) Realize that rumrunner S-OFF cannot support every CUSTOM rom in this world
(3) Understand that irc support IS NOT A GENERAL HELPDESK
(4) Are able to identify and download the CORRECT package for YOUR device
(5) Know how to enable USB-debugging on YOUR device (Yes, do that now)
(6) Understand that you may NOT repack or redistribute rumrunner S-OFF

Ok?
(Yes/No)
Yes
!! Do NOT for any reason taunt, unplug, drop, eat or pet your device !!
Please wait....
..........
Checking for updates......
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (3/120)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (6/120)
must ferment longer...

must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please............................................ ..
[TTTT********************************************** **********]
Press ENTER to exit
25th January 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #9  
scotty1223's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,445
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan.Z

The same things EXACTLY happened to me.
I am on Runny-Kitkat 4.4.2 V8 and those are my data before and after the process:
*** UNLOCKED ***
RUNNYMEDE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.28.0006
RADOI-3831.18.00.26_M
eMMC-BOOT
Apr 24 2012,18:59:39

My output:

==================== rumrunner S-OFF 0.5.0 ==============================

rumrunner S-OFF comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied)
and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task.
We have made every effort we can to make this a safe process for users
however the authors disclaim any liability for damage to your phone
or other materials or devices used during this process.

The entire risk of running rumrunner S-OFF lies with you, the user.
By using this software you acknowledge and accept that the authors
are not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.

Do you understand the implications of this warning?
(Yes/No)
Yes

Dear User: We will expect that YOU:
(1) Know how to use ADB and FASTBOOT binaries
---- [Yes, use these tools to test USB connection BEFORE running rumrunner] ----

(2) Realize that rumrunner S-OFF cannot support every CUSTOM rom in this world
(3) Understand that irc support IS NOT A GENERAL HELPDESK
(4) Are able to identify and download the CORRECT package for YOUR device
(5) Know how to enable USB-debugging on YOUR device (Yes, do that now)
(6) Understand that you may NOT repack or redistribute rumrunner S-OFF

Ok?
(Yes/No)
Yes
!! Do NOT for any reason taunt, unplug, drop, eat or pet your device !!
Please wait....
..........
Checking for updates......
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (3/120)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (6/120)
must ferment longer...

must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please............................................ ..
[TTTT********************************************** **********]
Press ENTER to exit

ahhhh,the tool did not run. the test 1 and test 2 reboots do not count.

when it works,the tools output should be this:
Code:
 ==================== rumrunner S-OFF 0.5.0 ==============================

    rumrunner S-OFF comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied)
    and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task.
    We have made every effort we can to make this a safe process for users
    however the authors disclaim any liability for damage to your phone
    or other materials or devices used during this process.

    The entire risk of running rumrunner S-OFF lies with you, the user.
    By using this software you acknowledge and accept that the authors
    are not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.

Do you understand the implications of this warning?
(Yes/No)
Yes

Dear User: We will expect that YOU:
(1) Know how to use ADB and FASTBOOT binaries
---- [Yes, use these tools to test USB connection BEFORE running rumrunner] ----
(2) Realize that rumrunner S-OFF cannot support every CUSTOM rom in this world
(3) Understand that irc support IS NOT A GENERAL HELPDESK
(4) Are able to identify and download the CORRECT package for YOUR device
(5) Know how to enable USB-debugging on YOUR device  (Yes, do that now)
(6) Understand that you may NOT repack or redistribute rumrunner S-OFF

Ok?
(Yes/No)
Yes
!! Do NOT for any reason taunt, unplug, drop, eat or pet your device !!
Please wait....
Checking for updates......
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (18/120)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (38/120)
must ferment longer...

must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please..............................................
[************************************************************]
Rebooting into bootloader (again)
Waiting for fastboot (17/120)
Waiting for ADB (38/120)
must ferment longer...

chilling..................
smells lovely in here....

bottles are packed, here we go, shhhhhh....

pouring (1).....................
Waiting for ADB (39/120)
must ferment longer...

what's that in the bottle still?  rum foul, sloppy, real sloppy...
wait for it.........
yep, done.  Hope you enjoyed the rum!
Don't forget to send us all your money - rumrunnerdevs@gmail.com
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Downloads$
you may need to be on a different rom. when i ran it on the flyer,i had similar issues until i installed a sense 4 ICS rom. it would not work on the flyer due to lack of a new enouf kernel since the xl went to ICS it should theoretically work.

if anyone feels adventurous,try it with different roms,and/or dump mmcblk0p7 and ill make sure the board layout is the same:

adb shell

su (if needed to get a # prompt)

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p7

upload the file that appears on your sd card and pm me a link to it
25th January 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Lattakia
Thanks Meter: 15
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfadhili2

I got no errors from it. Everything went well. It rebooted thrice and when it was done nothing had changed.
I had the exact same hboot.
The the fact that it roots as well didn't work.

This is my dump file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mmcblk0p7_Hasan.Z.zip - [Click for QR Code] (35.4 KB, 20 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Hasan.Z For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes