[Q] Rooting a Kindle Fire HD 11.3.1.0 and GooglePlay

Tip us?

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswierse View Post
@cerberus0f & @cruzersteve, thank you for the great info on the 3rd gen. I've had mine rooted since Christmas day and have been able to use most apps that I want, but sometimes (non gapps) I get a error that says I need google play services.

It's this normal?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
Yes thats normal because as I stated before, Google Play services is not functioning on the new KFHD7 2013 model yet. So any actual Gapp (Google Hangouts, google books, etc.) will not function. Only self running apps like the XDA app from the Play Store will work.
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

mswierse
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@cruzersteve some apps do keep working, others do not. Even on the apps that seem to keep working, errors keep randomly popping up.
@LinearEquation... I know gapps won't work, I'm not referring to them. Like my screen shot showed, Living Social and Groupon don't work. Those are just the only two I can think of now, but there are others.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

kyleberry.graphics
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Download Manager

So i rooted my kindle, and proceeded to start hacking up the system. i hid my softkeybar in lieu of pie controls, and replaced the stock keyboard with thumb keyboard. all of this worked swimmingly until i tried to install the google play services. i backed up my download manager via titanium and installed the edited ones via another post on this forum. Now the play store does not work, nor does any other web interface for download (ie browser amazon app store etc)

Can someone please pull and upload

/system/app/DownloadProvider.apk and
/system/app/DownloadProviderUi.apk

or direct me to a link where i may download these files? Until i have them my kindle is pretty worthless

jha1991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@cruzersteve warum hast du nicht frueher gesagt, dass du Deutsch bist? Danke fuer die Erklaerung, sehr einfach zu verstehen. Ich werde heute Abend versuchen.

PS Dein Englisch ist perfekt!

rainabba
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleberry.graphics View Post
So i rooted my kindle, and proceeded to start hacking up the system. i hid my softkeybar in lieu of pie controls, and replaced the stock keyboard with thumb keyboard. all of this worked swimmingly until i tried to install the google play services. i backed up my download manager via titanium and installed the edited ones via another post on this forum. Now the play store does not work, nor does any other web interface for download (ie browser amazon app store etc)

Can someone please pull and upload

/system/app/DownloadProvider.apk and
/system/app/DownloadProviderUi.apk

or direct me to a link where i may download these files? Until i have them my kindle is pretty worthless
Here you go:
Attached Files
File Type: apk DownloadProvider.apk - [Click for QR Code] (220.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: apk DownloadProviderUi.apk - [Click for QR Code] (209.1 KB, 13 views)
You know where to find me though it's a bit quiet there these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to rainabba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kyleberry.graphics
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
Here you go:
Thank you! Back up and running
The Following User Says Thank You to kyleberry.graphics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fivelon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Custom roms for 2013 KFHD7 ver 11.3

Hi everyone! I've been scouring as many sources as I can looking for news of Cyanogenmod for the 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7" (ver. 11.3) and I can't find anything. I was just now able to root it, at least. Anybody heard anything? Point me in the right direction? I got this thing for Christmas and it's sitting there next to my Nexus 5 feeling bad for itself. I like the hardware, but that Amazon OS is *brutal*.

kyleberry.graphics
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Rooting is quite easy, and there is a script in the forums. There are no Rom capabilities yet as no one has found an exploit to unlock the boot loader yet.

Sent from my KFSOWI using xda app-developers app
If i help you out stroke my ego and hit that THANKS button
Device: (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7 in. ROOTED
KFSOWI Development community HERE

kyleberry.graphics
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone got google now working? I got gmail working but the play services won't install so google search won't work. I'm wanting to try GEL

Sent from my KFSOWI using xda app-developers app
If i help you out stroke my ego and hit that THANKS button
Device: (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7 in. ROOTED
KFSOWI Development community HERE