Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

N7105 and other variants

OP stevendeb25

25th January 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag england
Thanks Meter: 1,115
 
1,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Have I got this right?

Can I flash any custom Rom from any of the note 2 variants and flash devil or AGNi kernels just to gain Wi-Fi back. I know I can with at&t TW roms using Note Air Note 3 version at the moment.

What about aosp roms from other variants? Will they work in same way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
25th January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #2  
sawdoctor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 3,214
 
3,484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
You can't flash a n7100 rom on a n7105 or you will lose baseband. A lot of American variants will work though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag england
Thanks Meter: 1,115
 
1,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor

You can't flash a n7100 rom on a n7105 or you will lose baseband. A lot of American variants will work though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks yeah I figured that out about n7100 too bad lot of roms in that area. Ppl tried figuring out ways to get n7100 roms without loosing base bands?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
25th January 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #4  
sawdoctor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 3,214
 
3,484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendeb25

Thanks yeah I figured that out about n7100 too bad lot of roms in that area. Ppl tried figuring out ways to get n7100 roms without loosing base bands?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

There is a guide for porting roms somewhere but I haven't tried it. I'm running ditto note from at&t thread with no issues and a few people are using sky note from the same thread. There is a shortage in twizz roms for the n7105

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th January 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag england
Thanks Meter: 1,115
 
1,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor

There is a guide for porting roms somewhere but I haven't tried it. I'm running ditto note from at&t thread with no issues and a few people are using sky note from the same thread. There is a shortage in twizz roms for the n7105

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah am using the other Note Air with Note 3 features. Am not really a Twizz fan really but must admit they are good compared to s3. So aosp roms should work also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes