[Q] app that keeps the volume at a safe level for Nook HD speakers.

OP NMGxda

25th January 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
My Nook HD is rooted and this issue has happened with every ROM (cm10.1 official, cm10.2 nightly, verygreen cm11 unofficial) I've used. If the volume is up and a loud sound it played, is crashes and turns off my device. I have to turn it on again. It hasn't hurt anything that I've seen. My question is: is there an app to prevent this and if so what is it? If not, could somebody make one (I'm not sure if mine is an isolated issue), or teach me to make one (name suggestion: Speaker Keeper) (or show a workaround)? The closest thing that may be causing this is a busted headset jack (not technically busted). It still works, it just is slighty messed up from being dropped on. Two symptoms, one of which I'm not sure if it caused by this, are (sorry if it get's confusing):
1. If I move the headset plug slightly, it will think I have unplugged it entirely, thus triggering the pause of a video if one is playing. I haven't tested this since I've rooted, though I don't think it makes a difference.
2. When using earbuds (well, at least just this one pair, the only pair I could ever find) one of the earbuds (I forget which one. Again, haven't tested it since root, and don't think it woukd be different) made this rattling noise when certain frequency (I believe so. Kinda like speakers that can't process certain sound so they vibrate) sounds played (deep, I think). I think this may just have been a problem with the headphones.
On a side note another thing with my Nook is that I didn't back it up originally when I rooted it with CWM an CM10.1. I still had my personal files after setting up the root, though. Also when it boots up it looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSXxrvE1Ex0&t=5m40s (no, I don't speak... whatever that language is). Could any of this have contributed to this issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, boot, earbuds, problem, speaker
Previous Thread Next Thread