Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone won't make a sound in loud mode

Tip us?

gacsibeni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone won't make a sound in loud mode

I checked it a lot of times, even tested it, and now I've found the root of the problems. My phone does not make a sound in loud mode. It does not make a sound when the alarm goes off, only vibrating. It does not make a sound, only vibrating, when getting messages, e-mails etc. Even when I am being called, the phone just vibrates, but does not play the ringtone, but the phone is in loud mode :S I did not tweak around with the phone, it is on full stuck, i has been working for 1,5 months, it started doing this last week. However, the speaker is working, it's not a hardware related problem, it must be something with the stock software.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

GlitchedSoul
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacsibeni View Post
I checked it a lot of times, even tested it, and now I've found the root of the problems. My phone does not make a sound in loud mode. It does not make a sound when the alarm goes off, only vibrating. It does not make a sound, only vibrating, when getting messages, e-mails etc. Even when I am being called, the phone just vibrates, but does not play the ringtone, but the phone is in loud mode :S I did not tweak around with the phone, it is on full stuck, i has been working for 1,5 months, it started doing this last week. However, the speaker is working, it's not a hardware related problem, it must be something with the stock software.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Did you download another volume control app, it could be interfering with the settings you put your phone at.
Also did you try a hard reset?

Sent from my magic box.

gacsibeni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchedSoul View Post
Did you download another volume control app, it could be interfering with the settings you put your phone at.
Also did you try a hard reset?

Sent from my magic box.
Yes, I did download an alarm app after I found out that the built in is not making any sound, therefore does not wake me up. I don't want to do a hard reset yet.

GlitchedSoul
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacsibeni View Post
Yes, I did download an alarm app after I found out that the built in is not making any sound, therefore does not wake me up. I don't want to do a hard reset yet.
Make a back up and then do a hard reset, if it doesn't fix it then you can restore the backup.

Sent from my magic box.