XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for Note 3 Comparable China phone

Tip us?

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rped View Post
As i mentioned before i kow it scored a better antutu score than the ones im looking at. 35k vs 27k and im sure it is battery efficient. But when i research i find the octa core note 3 is not even activated to be octa core because of a heat package issue. So note 3 will never truly be octa core.
I do know that they make the phones cheaper. But when i buy a phone the first thing i do is case it and put a screen protector on it. So those issues are minor to me. When it comes down to it america charges for names. We all know this and we keep spending the money. There are times where i would only want the american version of things, but i have had china tablets and i am pretty happy with them. I dont mind lower quality materials sometimes because they are worth it. You can not get some of the phones you can get in china models, and the phones tend to have more power than their american counterparts.
I wish you luck in your future endeavours.
Sent from my iPhone 4

w4rped
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billaboy25 View Post
performance boost on poor quality materials negates it. i suggest you stick with the legit one.

There is no legit phone of the model that I am looking at. I have not been looking at the note 3 clone at all. I was momentarily looking at it because I thought it was the same thing. Now I am looking at other chinese phones that are not made in America. The phones are reputable manufacturers that have millions of buyers. I am not looking at clones because I don't think it makes sense to get a clone. I suggest you take a look at the chinese brands out there, they have a huge following. ZOPO t1000 looks really nice but it's not out yet. Just because something isn't made for america doesnt make it bad. In fact, a lot of the phones made outside of the US are amazing. Either way, I ended up finding a really cheap note 3 and scooped it so all this is moot. But I will definitely be looking a lot harder at the chinese brand phones now that they are going to be offering 4g on them. I do suggest you take a harder look though, you are very biased against them, and they really aren't as bad as you make them out to be. In most cases people would be very happy with a cheaper foreign make phone instead of the overpriced overbloated crap that american consumers are used to. For the same technology they charge less. China is all open source, they really are ahead of the curve on phones if you really look at it. You can actually get the "foreign" make phones that are the same brands we get in the US, but they are VASTLY different. The dual sim note 2 is just one example. Take a look at them, you likely will be happy with at least one of em if you let yourself be.

Agent
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
As i mentioned before i kow it scored a better antutu score than the ones im looking at. 35k vs 27k and im sure it is battery efficient. But when i research i find the octa core note 3 is not even activated to be octa core because of a heat package issue. So note 3 will never truly be octa core.
I do know that they make the phones cheaper. But when i buy a phone the first thing i do is case it and put a screen protector on it. So those issues are minor to me. When it comes down to it america charges for names. We all know this and we keep spending the money. There are times where i would only want the american version of things, but i have had china tablets and i am pretty happy with them. I dont mind lower quality materials sometimes because they are worth it. You can not get some of the phones you can get in china models, and the phones tend to have more power than their american counterparts.
..You do realize a lot of people from many countries come to America to buy things because it's cheaper here right? Canadians especially.

w4rped
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent View Post
..You do realize a lot of people from many countries come to America to buy things because it's cheaper here right? Canadians especially.
I guess I'll agree to disagree. You seem set against foreign phones for some reason. Personally I think american products are overpriced and have inferior components to what they COULD put in there. It's all a game in america. Money over everything else. This is why we see all the locked devices and locked firmware, and everything else they do to keep their products theirs alone. All these things are unheard of other places. We are the capitol of control. I am not saying that every foreign phone is a winner, but there are many amazing devices. Most american devices are crap, that's fact, so it's really not much different. And with all the advances they have because it's open source, I think they will eventually surpass america in all areas. Till then, I guess everyone will just hate foreign stuff!

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
I guess I'll agree to disagree. You seem set against foreign phones for some reason. Personally I think american products are overpriced and have inferior components to what they COULD put in there. It's all a game in america. Money over everything else. This is why we see all the locked devices and locked firmware, and everything else they do to keep their products theirs alone. All these things are unheard of other places. We are the capitol of control. I am not saying that every foreign phone is a winner, but there are many amazing devices. Most american devices are crap, that's fact, so it's really not much different. And with all the advances they have because it's open source, I think they will eventually surpass america in all areas. Till then, I guess everyone will just hate foreign stuff!
Capitol of control? And China isnt? LMAO You keep referring to AMERICAN phones. You realize Samsung is a Korean manufacturer right? Lol The locked bootloaders come from the wireless carriers in the US, NOT the phone manufacturers. And Chinese stuff sucks plane and simple. They clone everything and sell bogus products. Are you telling me you would buy a car from china? It would be made out of cardboard LOL

And when you buy an imported phone you will have zero warranty. I can't believe you would even be okay with that part alone. Show me one CHINESE MADE, not a Chinese variant of a Korean phone such as a note 2 that is sold in china, a Chinese phone like ZTE or oppo, that has a better spec sheet and build quality than one of the major brands sold in america.
Sent from my iPhone 4

w4rped
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
Capitol of control? And China isnt? LMAO You keep referring to AMERICAN phones. You realize Samsung is a Korean manufacturer right? Lol The locked bootloaders come from the wireless carriers in the US, NOT the phone manufacturers. And Chinese stuff sucks plane and simple. They clone everything and sell bogus products. Are you telling me you would buy a car from china? It would be made out of cardboard LOL

And when you buy an imported phone you will have zero warranty. I can't believe you would even be okay with that part alone. Show me one CHINESE MADE, not a Chinese variant of a Korean phone such as a note 2 that is sold in china, a Chinese phone like ZTE or oppo, that has a better spec sheet and build quality than one of the major brands sold in america.
Again, I am not saying they are all better. American phones, and I mean american CARRIED phones, are in general garbage. The new Zoppo t1000 has great specs if you look at them. The only phones that really are better in america are the flagship devices. I would never buy an american phone that was not a flagship. I would however buy a lot of the various chinese phones. As far as the warranty... I don't really care about warranty guarantees. I've never even used one, and I get all my phones second hand anyways. No warranty there. Either way, it's preference, you just don't like non american phones. I don't really care where they come from.