FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Pls i need help its very important

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By Fycola123, Member on 25th January 2014, 12:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So this is the story.
I have a friend who went on a vacation from Croatia to the UK. In the UK, he bought the HTc One X there, locked on o2 network. He sold that device to me, and he told me that i can unlock the device by purchasing unlock code from eBay. I purchased several codes, but i keep getting error - incorrect password.

I really have no choice, i cant sell that device to anybody, neither i can use it on Croatian networks.

Also, i have made factory reset, but it seems that neither this helps me.

Also, when i try to update software to 4.2.2, in middle of installation red exclamation mark shows up, then phone reboots. Please help me.

Device is not rooted, has stock recovery installed, bootloader is relocked, and stock 4.1.1 is installed.

Is there any other method of unlocking the device except entering the unlock code.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390611381533.jpg
Views:	1098
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	2537285  
 
 
25th January 2014, 09:06 AM |#2  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 705
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fycola123

So this is the story.
I have a friend who went on a vacation from Croatia to the UK. In the UK, he bought the HTc One X there, locked on o2 network. He sold that device to me, and he told me that i can unlock the device by purchasing unlock code from eBay. I purchased several codes, but i keep getting error - incorrect password.

I really have no choice, i cant sell that device to anybody, neither i can use it on Croatian networks.

Also, i have made factory reset, but it seems that neither this helps me.

Also, when i try to update software to 4.2.2, in middle of installation red exclamation mark shows up, then phone reboots. Please help me.

Device is not rooted, has stock recovery installed, bootloader is relocked, and stock 4.1.1 is installed.

Is there any other method of unlocking the device except entering the unlock code.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app


You must to ask the code from O2 some vendors change the codes for unlock sim card. NO other method to unlock the device except if you are S-OFF but I think you are S-ON. You can see this when you go in bootloader.
25th January 2014, 09:20 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I already asked them for the code, they cant give it to me because i live in croatia

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 09:23 AM |#4  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 705
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fycola123

I already asked them for the code, they cant give it to me because i live in croatia

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

OK your friend to go to O2 in UK and ask them for the code. No other way.
25th January 2014, 12:25 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Well, it is not possible, he will not go to the uk for just one code.

Can you help me about ota failing?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 02:40 PM |#6  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 10,579
 
Donate to Me
More
The rom is not stock enough, it stalls at framework patches. Something is deleted which not should have ! You have to restore a new stock nandroid.

This means unlocking of the bootloader, flash a custom recovery, flash a boot.img, making a full wipe and restore a new nand.
25th January 2014, 08:30 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I am willing to do everything, pls explatin this everything step by step.

Also it is possible to make a backup of all apps? I have pretty a lot of big apps, and i would not like to loose progress on every game(GTA SA, Real Racing 3, Dead Trigger, Riptide GP2 and many other games. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
26th January 2014, 12:39 AM |#8  
nikola016's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leskovac, Serbia
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fycola123

I am willing to do everything, pls explatin this everything step by step.

Also it is possible to make a backup of all apps? I have pretty a lot of big apps, and i would not like to loose progress on every game(GTA SA, Real Racing 3, Dead Trigger, Riptide GP2 and many other games. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Yeah, backup data via recovery, or via titanium backup app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes