Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is is worth to upgrade from Note 2 while waiting for Note Pro 8"?

Tip us?

hajime_android
Old
(Last edited by hajime_android; 24th January 2014 at 11:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I am a scientist. I use it mainly for work and hobby. In the past, I printed out lots of power point slides and pdf files for reading. However, I cannot carry all these with me while traveling. I am looking for a device that is excellent for annotating research papers and power points in pdf format. I like to take photos and videos. I spend about 1.5-2 hours on public transportation. Want to get some work done while waiting at the bus stop or on the bus or train. If there were a Note Pro of about 8" (with S-pen and phone capability), that would be the best. I would just trade in my phone for such device. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Samsung decided not to release a Note Pro 8" but a Tab Pro 8". Is this a marketing strategy? Anybody has an idea when the Note Pro 8" would be out? I guess probably in the Fall. Considered to get the 12.2" Note Pro. Not sure if it is too heavy to use while waiting for the bus at the bus stop.

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I tried the device in a store today. I viewed the same pdf file from both the Ultra Z and my Galaxy Note 2. Viewing the pdf from the Ultra Z was much better. The background was white and the letters were clear. Everything looked good until I tried the camera. The images were very bad compared with the same ones taken from my Galaxy Note 2. Wonder if I should buy the iPad Mini Retina Display or iPad Air. Then, trade in for the Note Pro 12.2 or Note Pro 8 later.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post
I tried the device in a store today. I viewed the same pdf file from both the Ultra Z and my Galaxy Note 2. Viewing the pdf from the Ultra Z was much better. The background was white and the letters were clear. Everything looked good until I tried the camera. The images were very bad compared with the same ones taken from my Galaxy Note 2. Wonder if I should buy the iPad Mini Retina Display or iPad Air. Then, trade in for the Note Pro 12.2 or Note Pro 8 later.
The camera is not too bad in good light, and is even usable if you don't use the stock camera app
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I tried it in a store. It was very bright! Do you mean using other camera apps could lead to better quality photos? Which one do you recommend?