Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Menu Button Failing

Tip us?

tiskael
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Menu Button Failing

So, if you were following my other thread (which I doubt anyone was since no-one offered help), I managed to fix my incredibly hard soft brick :P

Everything's running great now, except the menu key isn't functioning. This would be fine, except the 3dot menu xposed module is causing other problems when installed and I'm not running a CM ROM so I can't simply make it double press the home button for menu or anything like that.

So I actually need to get the menu button working, not find an alternative. I can't seem to find the number of the button tho. I know you can check with CWM but I don't have it and don't want to risk stuffing up my phone again right now because I will be relying on it pretty heavily for the next week or so. How can I remap the menu button so it can be used as the menu button if I don't know the hard key number? International S4 Active, thanks.

captaincado
Old
Thanks Meter 32
You can try here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534697. In the Aroma Installer, there's is a button fix of sorts, used on the i537 in safestrap, so we could use regular s4 roms, soomewhere else, don't remember where, the is the button .zip file, by itself.
Sent Via Smoke Signals
Some days, you eat the bear...

Other days, the bear eats you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to captaincado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiskael View Post
So, if you were following my other thread (which I doubt anyone was since no-one offered help), I managed to fix my incredibly hard soft brick :P

Everything's running great now, except the menu key isn't functioning. This would be fine, except the 3dot menu xposed module is causing other problems when installed and I'm not running a CM ROM so I can't simply make it double press the home button for menu or anything like that.

So I actually need to get the menu button working, not find an alternative. I can't seem to find the number of the button tho. I know you can check with CWM but I don't have it and don't want to risk stuffing up my phone again right now because I will be relying on it pretty heavily for the next week or so. How can I remap the menu button so it can be used as the menu button if I don't know the hard key number? International S4 Active, thanks.
You should be able to flash the keys fix in the MasterPatch that @captaincado posted above. For the actual key numbers see below.

Code:
key 115  VOLUME_UP
key 114  VOLUME_DOWN
key 172  HOME
key 139  MENU
key 158  BACK
Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiskael
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Just an update, I followed all the instructions, couldn't get this working. It's possible that the button just happened to physically break when I flashed the ROM but it doesn't matter, because I found All in one Gestures (link below) which I used to replace the menu button... and then every other button, plus some. It's really good, I recommend it to anyone who has trouble reaching certain button, has a broken button or would just wants to have a go at increasing speed:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gestures&hl=en