Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 52,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) How to remove kernel bootsplash

Tip us?
 
jangs_momoi
Old
#1  
jangs_momoi's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 212
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cebu
Default (Q) How to remove kernel bootsplash

Need help.. Would like to know how to remove kernel bootsplash on cm7 rom.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
 
sharingan
Old
#2  
sharingan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 590
Posts: 2,060
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hidden Leaf village

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangs_momoi View Post
Need help.. Would like to know how to remove kernel bootsplash on cm7 rom.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
you mean one in which cooper is written above fire flames on switching on the phone


HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
 
jangs_momoi
Old
#3  
jangs_momoi's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 212
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cebu
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee View Post
you mean one in which cooper is written above fire flames on switching on the phone
Yes that's it.. is there a way to skip or remove that from boot?
 
sharingan
Old
#4  
sharingan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 590
Posts: 2,060
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hidden Leaf village

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangs_momoi View Post
Yes that's it.. is there a way to skip or remove that from boot?
yup buddy
try root explorer


HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to sharingan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Viper The Ripper
Old
(Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 24th January 2014 at 09:15 PM.)
#5  
Viper The Ripper's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 756
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangs_momoi View Post
Need help.. Would like to know how to remove kernel bootsplash on cm7 rom.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
There is 2 bootscreen: the first in boot.img and the second is in framework-res.apk\assets\images

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1650108&page=2

http://androidforums.com/3155655-post7.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper The Ripper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jangs_momoi
Old
#6  
jangs_momoi's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 212
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cebu
Thanks viper for the links.. Will hit thanks when i log on my desktop..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
 
Viper The Ripper
Old
#7  
Viper The Ripper's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 756
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangs_momoi View Post
Thanks viper for the links.. Will hit thanks when i log on my desktop..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
HAHAHAHA

For me the important thing is to help people (the more the better), but not getting "Thanks". I do this selflessly and I think many people should learn this too. I just want a better world for all. ...and yes, I know I'm crazy ...but HELLYEAH I love it
 
jangs_momoi
Old
#8  
jangs_momoi's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 212
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cebu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper The Ripper View Post
There is 2 bootscreen: the first in boot.img and the second is in framework-res.apk\assets\images

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1650108&page=2

http://androidforums.com/3155655-post7.html
That is really something you dont hear much lately. Its really good to know.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more