Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Idiotic problem

Tip us?

bonapartist
Old
(Last edited by bonapartist; 25th January 2014 at 06:20 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Idiotic problem

Hey all, I bought a rooted/CM modded Nook Color and honestly wasn't digging the performance so I decided to sell it. In a very stupid fashion I went and did a factory reset of my personal info through the normal means inside of Android, not considering the implications.

For an hour now I've been stuck on a screen with the angry looking blue dude with the arrow around him and "Cyanogenmod" beneath that in white text. The arrow is moving and stopping intermittently.

Should I hard boot somehow? Should I pull the SD card and let it boot into normal nook mode? Should I let it sit and do its thing? I'd like to get it back to where it was with Android on so it'll be more salable.

Edit: powered down and powered up; went into Android just fine. Only problem is that it did not actually reset to factory settings and is still logged in as me. How can I clear it for safe sale?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3601

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonapartist View Post
Hey all, I bought a rooted/CM modded Nook Color and honestly wasn't digging the performance so I decided to sell it. In a very stupid fashion I went and did a factory reset of my personal info through the normal means inside of Android, not considering the implications.

For an hour now I've been stuck on a screen with the angry looking blue dude with the arrow around him and "Cyanogenmod" beneath that in white text. The arrow is moving and stopping intermittently.

Should I hard boot somehow? Should I pull the SD card and let it boot into normal nook mode? Should I let it sit and do its thing? I'd like to get it back to where it was with Android on so it'll be more salable.

Edit: powered down and powered up; went into Android just fine. Only problem is that it did not actually reset to factory settings and is still logged in as me. How can I clear it for safe sale?
it depends on whether you have CM installed on SD or emmc. If you take the SD out, what does it boot to?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bonapartist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
it depends on whether you have CM installed on SD or emmc. If you take the SD out, what does it boot to?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
Without the SD card in it boots into straight Nook OS.

I just want to reset Andriod OS to a state that I can safely sell the device in.

Thank you, please get back to me asap, trying to sell today.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3601

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonapartist View Post
Without the SD card in it boots into straight Nook OS.

I just want to reset Andriod OS to a state that I can safely sell the device in.

Thank you, please get back to me asap, trying to sell today.
All of your personal data should be on the SD, so just remove and sell it without the SD. Be sure to erase and deregister the stock OS so that it is released from the B&N servers so the next person can register it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bonapartist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
All of your personal data should be on the SD, so just remove and sell it without the SD. Be sure to erase and deregister the stock OS so that it is released from the B&N servers so the next person can register it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Many thanks, that's what I did.