Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

WiFi problem

OP Johann12911

17th January 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

183 posts
More
Okay, so I'm having a WiFi problem. We just got the Comcast arris modem/router combo, which I know isn't the best, but it was parents choice.. so I'm stuck. I get very slow WiFi speeds , .5 -4 mbps depending on closeness to router. My family and friends with other phones such as iPhones and galaxy phones are getting around 20mbps down. Things I have tried are - flashing WiFistock.zip fix, restarting router, changing channel on router, changing secruity type, disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting phone, I'm nof sure what else I can try.. I can't stream HD Video anymore and I used to watch a lot of it.. any idea and help would be appreciated , thanks in advance !

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
17th January 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 58

1,002 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried disabling Wifi Battery Optimization in the advanced settings of your phone?
17th January 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoa1

Try to switch on mobile data!

I have been.. but I use it a lot away from home where I don't have WiFi , and I have 3gb of data only, so it can be a problem.

17th January 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alireza_simkesh

Have you tried disabling Wifi Battery Optimization in the advanced settings of your phone?

Yes, it doesn't give me any faster speeds, but thanks for the tip

17th January 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

183 posts
More
Could just be an upright router-phone problem. Phone gets full true speeds in other router coonnections. Don't see how my router could be working for others but not my HTC one.. maybe I'll just have to live with it

17th January 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 58

1,002 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann12911

Yes, it doesn't give me any faster speeds, but thanks for the tip

I don't know if this helps, but try setting your modem to b/g/n mixed rather than N only (or if its set on b/g/n, change it to N only).
I had problems with wifi and mixed modes solved them.
17th January 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

183 posts
More
Will try, thanks for the tip!

17th January 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #8  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 96

608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann12911

Okay, so I'm having a WiFi problem. We just got the Comcast arris modem/router combo, which I know isn't the best, but it was parents choice.. so I'm stuck. I get very slow WiFi speeds , .5 -4 mbps depending on closeness to router. My family and friends with other phones such as iPhones and galaxy phones are getting around 20mbps down. Things I have tried are - flashing WiFistock.zip fix, restarting router, changing channel on router, changing secruity type, disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting phone, I'm nof sure what else I can try.. I can't stream HD Video anymore and I used to watch a lot of it.. any idea and help would be appreciated , thanks in advance !

Change the DSN to global and try.
26th January 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

183 posts
More
Still, the problem persists. I have done as much as I can think of. Maybe I'll call Comcast and ask for a software update if it's available, not sure what else to do.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread