XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi problem

Tip us?

Johann12911
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default WiFi problem

Okay, so I'm having a WiFi problem. We just got the Comcast arris modem/router combo, which I know isn't the best, but it was parents choice.. so I'm stuck. I get very slow WiFi speeds , .5 -4 mbps depending on closeness to router. My family and friends with other phones such as iPhones and galaxy phones are getting around 20mbps down. Things I have tried are - flashing WiFistock.zip fix, restarting router, changing channel on router, changing secruity type, disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting phone, I'm nof sure what else I can try.. I can't stream HD Video anymore and I used to watch a lot of it.. any idea and help would be appreciated , thanks in advance !

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
My (current) Devices

HTC One Vx (rooted, JmzTotemC2 rom) ; Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (Rooted, running cm9)

alireza_simkesh
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried disabling Wifi Battery Optimization in the advanced settings of your phone?
HTC One
HTC Sensation 4G
HTC Touch Pro
ASUS P525
HP Ipaq3315

Johann12911
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoa1 View Post
Try to switch on mobile data!
I have been.. but I use it a lot away from home where I don't have WiFi , and I have 3gb of data only, so it can be a problem.

My (current) Devices

HTC One Vx (rooted, JmzTotemC2 rom) ; Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (Rooted, running cm9)

Johann12911
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alireza_simkesh View Post
Have you tried disabling Wifi Battery Optimization in the advanced settings of your phone?
Yes, it doesn't give me any faster speeds, but thanks for the tip

My (current) Devices

Johann12911
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Could just be an upright router-phone problem. Phone gets full true speeds in other router coonnections. Don't see how my router could be working for others but not my HTC one.. maybe I'll just have to live with it

My (current) Devices

alireza_simkesh
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann12911 View Post
Yes, it doesn't give me any faster speeds, but thanks for the tip

I don't know if this helps, but try setting your modem to b/g/n mixed rather than N only (or if its set on b/g/n, change it to N only).
I had problems with wifi and mixed modes solved them.
HTC One
HTC Sensation 4G
HTC Touch Pro
ASUS P525
HP Ipaq3315

Johann12911
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Will try, thanks for the tip!

My (current) Devices

khandelwalsiddharth
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann12911 View Post
Okay, so I'm having a WiFi problem. We just got the Comcast arris modem/router combo, which I know isn't the best, but it was parents choice.. so I'm stuck. I get very slow WiFi speeds , .5 -4 mbps depending on closeness to router. My family and friends with other phones such as iPhones and galaxy phones are getting around 20mbps down. Things I have tried are - flashing WiFistock.zip fix, restarting router, changing channel on router, changing secruity type, disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting phone, I'm nof sure what else I can try.. I can't stream HD Video anymore and I used to watch a lot of it.. any idea and help would be appreciated , thanks in advance !

Change the DSN to global and try.
PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED YOU!

Johann12911
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Still, the problem persists. I have done as much as I can think of. Maybe I'll call Comcast and ask for a software update if it's available, not sure what else to do.

My (current) Devices