Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 43,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing the rezound back to verizon from cricket

Tip us?

jhr5474
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 250

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Flashing the rezound back to verizon from cricket

I am wondering if I run an RUU back to stock. Will I revert it back to Verizon I mean if it changes the baseband and radio and puts stock firmware on it then in theory would that not work? I just don't want cricket I am a Verizon user.
Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE THANKS BUTTON IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

El Schisne
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You've got the right idea. My understanding is that after RUUing back to stock, you'd need to do a factory reset from the bootloader, preferably with a Verizon SIM already inserted. Note that I haven't done this myself, just read on these forums of others who have.

jhr5474
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 250

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Schisne View Post
You've got the right idea. My understanding is that after RUUing back to stock, you'd need to do a factory reset from the bootloader, preferably with a Verizon SIM already inserted. Note that I haven't done this myself, just read on these forums of others who have.
I ran the ruu and did the wipe data in recovery as reventech suggested and then went into bootloader and factory reset. The only sim I have is an old one and I am not sure if it works, The only one I have is my mini sim other than that for my DNA and now when I dial 611 I get call has been lost out of service., I use to get cricket. However, I deal with lots of phones and with any verizon phone it normally goes to verizon dialing that now it wont call any numbers just drops calls. Any ideas?
Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr5474 View Post
I ran the ruu and did the wipe data in recovery as reventech suggested and then went into bootloader and factory reset. The only sim I have is an old one and I am not sure if it works, The only one I have is my mini sim other than that for my DNA and now when I dial 611 I get call has been lost out of service., I use to get cricket. However, I deal with lots of phones and with any verizon phone it normally goes to verizon dialing that now it wont call any numbers just drops calls. Any ideas?
after thee ruu.exe did you let it activate via verizon....which requires an active verizon sim to be in
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

jhr5474
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 250

DONATE TO ME
Default that's what I did wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
after thee ruu.exe did you let it activate via verizon....which requires an active verizon sim to be in
I actually ended up selling to a friend and he wanted cricket so I quit screwing with it. What I did not do was put an active verizon sim in I only had a micro!
Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!