Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root MJ9 without triggering KNOX

Tip us?

ssterjo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root MJ9 without triggering KNOX

Hi everyone,

I sent my Note 2 for a repair through the warranty, and I just got it back updated to 4.3 with N7100XXUEMJ9. I found this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823
but from what I understand, it seems it can only work if I am on a lower version and then upgrade to MJ5 and root.

So what I am asking is, does anyone know how to root a Note2 already on MJ9 without triggering KNOX?

Or can I just downgrade to MJ5 and follow the thread instructions? although from what I read I cannot downgrade without triggering KNOX. right?

cosmyndemeter
Old
Thanks Meter 1619

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssterjo View Post
Hi everyone,

I sent my Note 2 for a repair through the warranty, and I just got it back updated to 4.3 with N7100XXUEMJ9. I found this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823
but from what I understand, it seems it can only work if I am on a lower version and then upgrade to MJ5 and root.

So what I am asking is, does anyone know how to root a Note2 already on MJ9 without triggering KNOX?

Or can I just downgrade to MJ5 and follow the thread instructions? although from what I read I cannot downgrade without triggering KNOX. right?
downgrade not possible
for root look here
Nihil sine Deo!!!

rom: X-Treme ROM ~ * ~ --->>>for Note II ( GT-N7100 )

My PM is NOT technical support !!!

ask on the forum, you will get quicker response

ssterjo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmyndemeter View Post
downgrade not possible
for root look here
Thanks for answering.
I stumbled upon that thread before, but it's only for rooting. I guess there's no chance to flash a recovery and custom rom yet, is there?

Anyway, if I root as described, how can I unroot and more important, reset the counter to 0 and official if I need to return for the warranty?

xbean
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Once you trigger KNOX warranty void, there is no ways currently to "reset" that status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssterjo View Post
Thanks for answering.
I stumbled upon that thread before, but it's only for rooting. I guess there's no chance to flash a recovery and custom rom yet, is there?

Anyway, if I root as described, how can I unroot and more important, reset the counter to 0 and official if I need to return for the warranty?