FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

DROID Maxx Rollback

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By f150intally, Junior Member on 24th January 2014, 02:25 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guys,
I'm desperate. I updated my Maxx (which I love) to 4.4 before my company did their security testing. Subsequently, the 4.4 update failed testing with corporate policies. Today I got email stating that I have to "return" my phone to IT by Jan 31. The 4.2.2 build works perfectly with corporate security policies.

Is there any way possible to revert to 4.2.2? I have downloaded installed and successfully got RSD Lite working but I don't think I can downgrade due to security differences...please help me if you know ANY WAY TO GET BACK...they are probably going to stick me with a Windows Phone until an update can be done that will fix the issues.

Argh!!!!

Thanks in advance.
Jay
 
 
24th January 2014, 02:40 AM |#2  
Dwillian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent, WA
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f150intally

Guys,
I'm desperate. I updated my Maxx (which I love) to 4.4 before my company did their security testing. Subsequently, the 4.4 update failed testing with corporate policies. Today I got email stating that I have to "return" my phone to IT by Jan 31. The 4.2.2 build works perfectly with corporate security policies.

Is there any way possible to revert to 4.2.2? I have downloaded installed and successfully got RSD Lite working but I don't think I can downgrade due to security differences...please help me if you know ANY WAY TO GET BACK...they are probably going to stick me with a Windows Phone until an update can be done that will fix the issues.

Argh!!!!

Thanks in advance.
Jay

You can revert to stock using Matt's utility (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467). This will get you back to 4.1.2 though (I think).


Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Dwillian; 24th January 2014 at 02:43 AM.
24th January 2014, 02:59 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwillian

You can revert to stock using Matt's utility (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467). This will get you back to 4.1.2 though (I think).


Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip...Do you know if the utility works on the DROID Maxx XT1080 as well?
24th January 2014, 03:07 AM |#4  
Dwillian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent, WA
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f150intally

Thanks for the tip...Do you know if the utility works on the DROID Maxx XT1080 as well?

I think it is only for the xt912. There is more info at the link.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 06:45 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
No dice guys. I am wondering if a true Verizon Tech would be able to revert this device back to 4.2.2. I posted on the other thread but the software is not possible from Matt to revert back to 4.2.2.

Any ideas on getting back to 4.2.2?
Last edited by f150intally; 24th January 2014 at 06:49 PM.
24th January 2014, 09:41 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Dude, you have the new Maxx. You have posted in the old Razr Maxx section, so the utility wont work. You need to find the new Droid Maxx section of these forums.

EDIT: You might ask the guys here if it is possible to rollback: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616104

Or use RSD: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=4, but I guess if you took the official update you can't rollback... If you flashed through SS or something you probably can.
Last edited by my2cents; 24th January 2014 at 10:03 PM.
24th January 2014, 11:07 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents

Dude, you have the new Maxx. You have posted in the old Razr Maxx section, so the utility wont work. You need to find the new Droid Maxx section of these forums.

EDIT: You might ask the guys here if it is possible to rollback: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616104

Or use RSD: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=4, but I guess if you took the official update you can't rollback... If you flashed through SS or something you probably can.

Sorry for the ignorance. I couldn't find the New DROID Maxx forum. I scrolled all the way through but maybe I missed it. Yes, RSD Lite does not work since I accepted the 4.4 update. Thanks for your input.

Jay
25th January 2014, 03:27 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f150intally

Sorry for the ignorance. I couldn't find the New DROID Maxx forum. I scrolled all the way through but maybe I missed it. Yes, RSD Lite does not work since I accepted the 4.4 update. Thanks for your input.

Jay

It looks like the Droid Ultra forum also has the Maxx stuff in it. Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2580060
25th January 2014, 08:03 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents

It looks like the Droid Ultra forum also has the Maxx stuff in it. Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2580060

Thanks. Yeah posted in that thread and it is a no-go. I am hosed. They are going to take my device away from me on 1/31.
26th January 2014, 05:06 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f150intally

Thanks. Yeah posted in that thread and it is a no-go. I am hosed. They are going to take my device away from me on 1/31.

That sucks man. Sorry. Maybe you can trade with someone that has not upgraded?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes