TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Safe/Worth RUU'ing after 1,000's of ROM flashes?

OP jbarcus81

26th January 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #11  
Flag Fountain Hills, AZ.
Thanks Meter: 264

385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarcus81

I was pondering RUU'ing back to complete, absolute stock... I feel maybe I've lost a little bit of the push from this phone after 1,000's of rom flashes... I mean, sometimes 4 or 5 a day.. It's an addiction.. I guess? Either way, would there be any specific benefit to doing this or would it just be something for my piece of mind.. Something I've been running through the old brain here..

Gonna have to agree with Thay10 and Orangechoochoo on this one.

I've also flashed, and reflashed, many many ROMs. I'm currently using the 3.06 radio, and the Engineered HBoot. Running Viper2.5.0 on one DNA, and CM11.0 nightly on the other.

I see no benefit whatsoever in returning to a "stock" or a "matched setup". The whole idea of unlocking the device is to get away from the norm, and allow customization. Mix and match if you will. Maybe an older radio works better in your area. You're unlocked so you can do what works best for you, not what works best for "most consumers".

Running an RUU, just to run an RUU, makes no real sense to me.

Again, just my opinion.

Enjoy...
The Following User Says Thank You to sdamark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread