Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

No efs backup option in twrp?

25th January 2014, 05:09 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

275 posts
After reading that i should definitely have a efs back up i read that twrp has option built in so i booted into twrp (2.6.3.3) went into backup option and its not there. Im currently running just rooted stock vs980,any help? Can i use the option that is in freegee app?

25th January 2014, 05:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTLAY

After reading that i should definitely have a efs back up i read that twrp has option built in so i booted into twrp (2.6.3.3) went into backup option and its not there. Im currently running just rooted stock vs980,any help? Can i use the option that is in freegee app?

Never heard of it being in twrp but yes, you can use the freegee app.

Sent from my magic box.
25th January 2014, 05:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

275 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchedSoul

Never heard of it being in twrp but yes, you can use the freegee app.

Sent from my magic box.

Read that it is in twrp since 2.6.3.2 or something like that, if i use freegee and something happens i just restore efs through the app too?
25th January 2014, 05:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTLAY

Read that it is in twrp since 2.6.3.2 or something like that, if i use freegee and something happens i just restore efs through the app too?

Yep, just go back into the app and restore. Shouldn't need to ever restore but always backup in case something happens.

Sent from my magic box.
25th January 2014, 05:33 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

275 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchedSoul

Yep, just go back into the app and restore. Shouldn't need to ever restore but always backup in case something happens.

Sent from my magic box.

Ok thanks, im coming straight from a gnex and had no idea about a efs backup till today so im trying to make sure i got everything inline incase the poo hits the fan
26th January 2014, 06:04 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

275 posts
Little more help..when are efs backups needed,after each rom flash? Or just once?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread