Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

verizon g2 on at&t LTE???

Tip us?

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default verizon g2 on at&t LTE???

i picked up a verizon g2 for 150 bucks (steal) and i'm running it on AT&T on hspa+ right now. i have heard that you can flash a stock at&t rom and gain LTE capeablities? is this true? I know there was a thread about doing this for t-mo users on the verizon variant but what about at&t?
I'm dying to have lte on this beast!

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
LTE is a different radio support. Verizon supports LTE but I'm not sure if the radios are the same. Verizon is the only carrier to really do some heavy tweaks to their rom and hardware.

The Verizon is unlocked for GSM. Honestly your best bet would be to use Tmobile since their HSPA+ service is up to like 42mpbs without the use of LTE radios. I have Verizon and LTE is nice but honestly I mostly keep it disabled just for battery savings. If you can get 3-5mbps then you are solid on a mobile. LTE is nice for WiFi Sharing with a laptop and downloads... but normal day to day facebook, twitter, emails, etc it isn't needed.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
You mean use a t-mo rom or switch to t mobile? And yeah at&t hspa+ is not bad at all

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so has nobody done this. on the verizon lg g2 dev thread there was a rom for t-mo users that would enable them to have LTE with the verizon g2. has this been done with at&t?
my hspa+ runs pretty good but wouldn't mind having LTE
thanks ahead of time

RKight
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
I have Verizon and LTE is nice but honestly I mostly keep it disabled just for battery savings.
So do you keep your data on all the time? I keep LTE on all the time beaches I honestly notice a huge difference even with basic things like web browsing and Facebook. I just turn my data off when I'm not using it. I have no use for push notifications of any kind. My email is set for manual refresh and anything else, like Snapchat, will pop up when I turn, my data on. I don't like being blown up by notifications all day. I even have Facebook notifications turned off. I'll check it whenever I feel like it. Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
LG G2
Stock rooted
HTC Rezound (backup phone / toy)
íRezone Redux!
Funky Kernel
Nexus 7 (2013)
Stock rooted
Bulletproof kernel

IamPro
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota510 View Post
so has nobody done this. on the verizon lg g2 dev thread there was a rom for t-mo users that would enable them to have LTE with the verizon g2. has this been done with at&t?
my hspa+ runs pretty good but wouldn't mind having LTE
thanks ahead of time
Link to TMobile thread?

pimfram
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamPro View Post
Link to TMobile thread?
This? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606868
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pimfram For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes that is the thread i am referring too.

dakota510
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamPro View Post
Link to TMobile thread?
how could this be done for use on att? not as easy as flashing an at&t rom is it?

hydeah
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
The Verizon is unlocked for GSM. Honestly your best bet would be to use Tmobile since their HSPA+ service is up to like 42mpbs without the use of LTE radios. I have Verizon and LTE is nice but honestly I mostly keep it disabled just for battery savings. If you can get 3-5mbps then you are solid on a mobile. LTE is nice for WiFi Sharing with a laptop and downloads... but normal day to day facebook, twitter, emails, etc it isn't needed.
Especially if you live in an area like myself where LTE is actually slower than HSPA for most people. The LTE service I am getting from AT&T is terrible in my hometown, and with the silly limits AT&T put on D800, you cannot switch from LTE to HSPA so we are swimming in LTE pool full of people like iPhone and other android users, while the HSPA+ pool is empty because AT&T is not letting anyone go down the block to use HSPA pool..