[Q] Hi guys, few questions battery life and charger.

OP GCHSFootball

24th January 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hey guys, I just got this LG Optimus G pro off of Craigslist, and while I'm sure that the phonewas worth the deal, I just got a few questions.

1.the battery life. I've been using it constantly, and I've managed to get it up to about 75 percent battery. When I check my battery usage,it says that I have about 4 to 5 hours of used before it dies. Is this normal? I'll read the reviews and it said that this thing had an awesome battery. I went ahead and ordered some brand of battery (lemon-something) that came with 2 standard amp batteries and a wall socket battery charger. so do I need these batteries because mine is drained or is that normal?

2. the wall charger. I do not currently have the original manufacturer charger, but I am using a LG branded wall block, with a SamsungUSB. It seems to charge it okay, but when I'll plug it in I've got to tilt it up just a bit, and then it will start charging, even after I let it go. I had some generic Motorola Droid charger plugged up to it, I didn't have to wiggle it around at all, but I had to quit using it because it didn't have enough output voltage to charge the phone. Is this an issue with my charging port, or just not having the original manufacturer charger and charging cable?

thank you so much for any replies and taking time out of your day to help me.
26th January 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 556

1,281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCHSFootball

hey guys, I just got this LG Optimus G pro off of Craigslist, and while I'm sure that the phonewas worth the deal, I just got a few questions.

1.the battery life. I've been using it constantly, and I've managed to get it up to about 75 percent battery. When I check my battery usage,it says that I have about 4 to 5 hours of used before it dies. Is this normal? I'll read the reviews and it said that this thing had an awesome battery. I went ahead and ordered some brand of battery (lemon-something) that came with 2 standard amp batteries and a wall socket battery charger. so do I need these batteries because mine is drained or is that normal?

2. the wall charger. I do not currently have the original manufacturer charger, but I am using a LG branded wall block, with a SamsungUSB. It seems to charge it okay, but when I'll plug it in I've got to tilt it up just a bit, and then it will start charging, even after I let it go. I had some generic Motorola Droid charger plugged up to it, I didn't have to wiggle it around at all, but I had to quit using it because it didn't have enough output voltage to charge the phone. Is this an issue with my charging port, or just not having the original manufacturer charger and charging cable?

thank you so much for any replies and taking time out of your day to help me.

The battery life is awesome on here. Yes, it's probably because of your USB cable. I haven't used anything but the charger my phones have come with for well over a year and all worked perfectly. When it says 4-5 hours of use, that means actually using the phone. Not standby. Not sure how well the 3.1amp ZL batteries perform, but I have the 9300mAh one and I'm loving it. Days on a single charge and comes with a TPU case.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th January 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
More
1) Battery life IS awesome. Turn on Quad Core Control in Battery settings to make the most out of your phone.

2) I also bought mine 2nd hand without the original charger. You only have to replace your USB cable coz it's probably worn out. I've used all sorts of chargers (generic car charger, samsung, nokia) and never had a problem with any of them.
26th January 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
I second the idea that at usb cable is bad.Im using a generic ul last for sb cord right now and it charges just fine and the charge will last for a full day or more depending on use
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Optimus G Pro Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank