Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC one freeze - can't soft/hard reboot

Tip us?

Siviuze
Old
(Last edited by Siviuze; 25th January 2014 at 09:06 PM.) Reason: Add info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC one freeze - can't soft/hard reboot

Hello,

My HTC One just crashed (hang) two hours ago. I didn't do any 'dangerous' manipulation (as ROM flashing etc.) -> it just stop working. Now it is stuck with a black screen and the home/back keys are light up.

I tried to do a soft reset (hold the power button more than 20s), a hard reset ((hold the volume down and the power button more than 20s), hard and soft reset with a bright light, but nothing work. I am a bit afraid for my phone

Is there any trick I can test to reboot the phone? (It is currently sitting in my freezer in order to accelerate the battery draining -> yes I'm desperate).

EDIT: The phone is not recognize by my laptop (no event with dmesg and lsusb see nothing...)

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 893

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siviuze View Post
Hello,

My HTC One just crashed (hang) two hours ago. I didn't do any 'dangerous' manipulation (as ROM flashing etc.) -> it just stop working. Now it is stuck with a black screen and the home/back keys are light up.

I tried to do a soft reset (hold the power button more than 20s), a hard reset ((hold the volume down and the power button more than 20s), hard and soft reset with a bright light, but nothing work. I am a bit afraid for my phone

Is there any trick I can test to reboot the phone? (It is currently sitting in my freezer in order to accelerate the battery draining -> yes I'm desperate).

EDIT: The phone is not recognize by my laptop (no event with dmesg and lsusb see nothing...)
take the phone out of the freezer
hold power + vol+ and vol- all together under bright light for 20 - 30 seconds the phone will shut if when it's done correctly
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Siviuze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
take the phone out of the freezer
hold power + vol+ and vol- all together under bright light for 20 - 30 seconds the phone will shut if when it's done correctly
Thanks for the tip. I can't try it now since the battery was empty this morning, maybe for the next time ( I hope that there will not be another)