Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z ultra loud vibrate

Tip us?

lee.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Oh well, I really love the phone and it does all I want on a phone plus more. However this issue really annoyed me.

Is there somebody who solves the issue? I know I should have Sony service center check the phone but I want to knowing somebody bring their unit to Sony center and able to fix it and what might have cause the issue and what parts has been replaced? I want to know first so I don't waste my time going there leave my phone and they won't be able to fix

Thanks guys again for Sharing your thoughts

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

fastest83
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee.n View Post
Hi, when I hold the lower left of the phone it gets a little better but the noise still there. I called Sony and they said the shaver noise like is normal to Z ultra.

If it gets better, you may have a slightly misplaced vibration motor.
If you look close enough, do you see the back glass up even by a thin hair?

I sent mine back to repair, it had the back lifted a little bit (which caused the vibrating excessive noise), but I also hard bricked, and they gave me a new one due to "lack of experience on the device, Sony gave us the direct order of replacing the units, we're not able to repair them yet".
But it was like a month after the release the may repair yours... just be sure to go for an official Sony repair center, if you don't wanna end up with a badly glued panel, leading to a dead phone after exposing it to water.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

lee.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Hi closely look at the back glass for about 2 to 3 minutes and I don't see any glass misalignment.

I might bring the unit to official Sony service center, problem is I do not have any spare phone to use haha.