Question about the Display

OP iGoogleNexus

25th January 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 277

1,354 posts
More
So my buddy just got the Z1s and he compared the display to his Samsung Galaxy S 4... He likes the darker colors so he's wondering if there is a way to make the colors similar? Looks kinda Faded on the Sony. Whats the best setting for the white balance ?

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 647

687 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoogleNexus

So my buddy just got the Z1s and he compared the display to his Samsung Galaxy S 4... He likes the darker colors so he's wondering if there is a way to make the colors similar? Looks kinda Faded on the Sony. Whats the best setting for the white balance ?

Thank you!

The technologies on Z1s and S4 are different. S4 uses an AMOLED, which will have oversaturated colors and pure blacks. Both screens have their ups and downs.

http://www.androidauthority.com/amoled-vs-lcd-282084/
The Following User Says Thank You to shem2409 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoogleNexus

Thank you!

I was curious about the white balance settings too... the gray bars at the top of the settings page don't seem to do anything. I've played with the auto brightness on/off which helps in some lighting conditions. (I came from an HTC Sensation, so I prefer the more "realistic" colors of the Sony. The Sammies always look a bit too cartoonish for my taste.)
26th January 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 471

1,201 posts
More
As stated by first reply, our displays cannot physically shut off pixels and thus cannot obtain the deep blacks of amoled displays.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread