Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about the Display

Tip us?

iGoogleNexus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 272
Default Question about the Display

So my buddy just got the Z1s and he compared the display to his Samsung Galaxy S 4... He likes the darker colors so he's wondering if there is a way to make the colors similar? Looks kinda Faded on the Sony. Whats the best setting for the white balance ?

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

shem2409
Old
Thanks Meter 616

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoogleNexus View Post
So my buddy just got the Z1s and he compared the display to his Samsung Galaxy S 4... He likes the darker colors so he's wondering if there is a way to make the colors similar? Looks kinda Faded on the Sony. Whats the best setting for the white balance ?

Thank you!

The technologies on Z1s and S4 are different. S4 uses an AMOLED, which will have oversaturated colors and pure blacks. Both screens have their ups and downs.

http://www.androidauthority.com/amoled-vs-lcd-282084/
The Following User Says Thank You to shem2409 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trovatrice
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoogleNexus View Post

Thank you!

I was curious about the white balance settings too... the gray bars at the top of the settings page don't seem to do anything. I've played with the auto brightness on/off which helps in some lighting conditions. (I came from an HTC Sensation, so I prefer the more "realistic" colors of the Sony. The Sammies always look a bit too cartoonish for my taste.)

tomascus
Old
Thanks Meter 393
As stated by first reply, our displays cannot physically shut off pixels and thus cannot obtain the deep blacks of amoled displays.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk