5,597,871 Members 38,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(SOLVED)--Require of sim unlock ...how to carry out instruction

Tip us?
 
fenstre
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 935
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitanshu91 View Post
i cant use data (2g/3g) on my phone
do u know how to do that
Are you using the stock ROM? If so, you can try to copy the APN settings from a working ROM. But last time I tried this, it didn't work, so I found it easier to just install a custom ROM. Almost all of them probably work with your carrier.
If I helped, click Thanks!
 
sitanshu91
Old
#22  
sitanshu91's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 271
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
Are you using the stock ROM? If so, you can try to copy the APN settings from a working ROM. But last time I tried this, it didn't work, so I found it easier to just install a custom ROM. Almost all of them probably work with your carrier.
i am in india and want to use gsm networks 2g and 3g
actually am kind of scared to install custom rom
as i dont find much instruction and information for my htc model (htc j one ...htl22)
also i would like to use htc sense

can you suggest me a good rom for my needs
 
fenstre
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 935
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitanshu91 View Post
can you suggest me a good rom for my needs
I just searched for "htl22 rom" and "htl22 arhd" and found nothing useful (in English, anyway). So finding a custom ROM will be hard. What you can do is write down the APN settings from anybody whose phone is working (and who has the same carrier as you). In your phone's settings, add/change the APN to match. This may not work, so be sure to make a nandroid backup first, just in case you want to reset to your old settings. (I think Titanium Backup can also backup APN settings, but I don't trust it since it stopped working as well as it used to in the Gingerbread days.)

If you can't get the APN thing to work, your best bet is to search for a custom ROM in Japanese (maybe search or ask for some sort of "international" version that will have a multi-language installer), either using Google Translate, or by making a friend that speaks Japanese.
If I helped, click Thanks!
 
sitanshu91
Old
#24  
sitanshu91's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 271
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
I just searched for "htl22 rom" and "htl22 arhd" and found nothing useful (in English, anyway). So finding a custom ROM will be hard. What you can do is write down the APN settings from anybody whose phone is working (and who has the same carrier as you). In your phone's settings, add/change the APN to match. This may not work, so be sure to make a nandroid backup first, just in case you want to reset to your old settings. (I think Titanium Backup can also backup APN settings, but I don't trust it since it stopped working as well as it used to in the Gingerbread days.)

If you can't get the APN thing to work, your best bet is to search for a custom ROM in Japanese (maybe search or ask for some sort of "international" version that will have a multi-language installer), either using Google Translate, or by making a friend that speaks Japanese.
finally just inserted a 3g(HSPA) sim card and voila ...it works

but doesnt work on 2g (EDGE)

now will tryt o figure that out
 
kson_14
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitanshu91 View Post
i am very glad that you asked .....happy new year

Now my status is sim unlocked ....but i can use only to make and receive phone calls and sms ...
now here is the problem
i cant use data (2g/3g) on my phone
do u know how to do that

thanks
sitanshu
Hey,
Sorry to ask question off the track to your query, mine is htc J one HTL22 au kddi Japan (android -4.1.2, HBOOT - 5.2, OS 1.05.970.2)
could you plz guide me how you rooted your phone, which revone did you use? as I tried using revone and getting following error

251|shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ ./revone -P
revone v0.2.1

Gaining root access (thanks to Dan's motochopper)...[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
251|shell@android:/data/local/tmp $
 
sitanshu91
Old
#26  
sitanshu91's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 271
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mumbai
http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev-news/au-m7-revone-soff/

Sent from my HTL22 using Tapatalk
 
sitanshu91
Old
#27  
sitanshu91's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 271
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mumbai
Use steps from above mentioned site to s off you HTC j one

Sent from my HTL22 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes