Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP-PROJECT][4.4.X] HIVE APPS (Notebooks, Books, Drawings)

Tip us?

Hikari
Old
(Last edited by Hikari; 26th January 2014 at 11:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 386
Default [APP-PROJECT][4.4.X] HIVE APPS (Notebooks, Books, Drawings)

Hello, I don't really know if it's all right to post this kind of thread here but I haven't been able to find any other forum that seems like the proper place for my thread. I'd like to say sorry in advance if I have indeed posted in the wrong section.

Anyhow, me and a friend are working on a set of apps and a slightly modified android rom as our IT project this year. We are hoping to win a prize in the local competition which will be held here in Bosnia on 23rd of next month and then hopefully make our way to some international competitions.

I'd like to quickly go over our project.
HIVE OS is an "operating system" based on android for usage in school tablets. It contains some pre-installed applications such as: Notebooks, Books, Drawings... It synchronizes users' documents with the cloud allowing users to access their files from their personal phones, tablets, computers, etc...

As the competition draws closer we have started with writing academic papers such as the research paper. Some stats are required in a research paper. Some testing and data analysis. Thus, as a member of this forum I thought that I could get some interested people's opinions, let them test the apps and collect their feedback...

If you are interested in testing Notebooks, Books and Drawings apps and helping us with our data collection you can download attached apps and once you are done with your testing you can submit your feedback by filling the form over at feedback website.

Some points to keep in mind:

1 .We are 2 high school 3rd year guys. Our experience with android programming is pretty fresh. My friend only launched ADT for the first time as he began this project, whereas, I, even though I had launched it before hadn't been able to produce anything useful.

2. As these apps are intended for tablets, we didn't really put any special effort in trying to make them fit every screen (smaller screens). They should be fine on devices with screen similar to the one of the nexus 4 and higher...

3. Books app requires at least a single book to be present under /HIVE/Books in your sdcard. Otherwise, it will look empty. This is because these apps are supposed to receive their material by means of synchronization. I'll be attaching a zip file (Introduction to Trigonometry.zip) to extract there but if you end up having problems and can't make the app show a book, please skip books app in the feedback form. Thank you for your understanding.

Another note is that we hope you'll go easy on us. As I already mentioned, we are pretty new into android development. The data collected from the forms are going to be used in the academic side of things. Those who know will probably understand... It won't hurt if you give a 4 where you actually think it deserves a 3. We don't want to have graphs which will make it look like our apps suck. :P
Of course, this doesn't mean that you should go with all 5s. Fill the forms the way you think, but we'd be happy if you didn't give a lot of 1s and 2s...
Thank you for your understanding on this as well.

Screenshots:

Thank you all who give feedback and opinions once again!
Attached Files
File Type: apk Notebooks.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.11 MB, 215 views)
File Type: apk Books.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.36 MB, 206 views)
File Type: zip Intoduction to Trigonometry.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.08 MB, 8 views)
File Type: apk Drawings.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.45 MB, 193 views)
aka XiproX
CURRENT DEVICE: Nexus 4 (mako)
FORMER DEVICES: Galaxy Nexus (maguro), LG GT540

arindam_mitra1985
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Awesome..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Press the Thanks Button if I have helped you.. it wont cost you anything..

changed the world...!!

Hikari
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 386
Uploaded fixed Drawings apk
aka XiproX
CURRENT DEVICE: Nexus 4 (mako)
FORMER DEVICES: Galaxy Nexus (maguro), LG GT540