5,599,337 Members 38,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] samsung galaxy s3 root accidentyl updated help!

Tip us?

Remeax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] samsung galaxy s3 root accidentyl updated help!

I have a rooted android device samsung galaxy s3 and it was running fine and everything till one day it said to install an update. i accepted it and while it was updating all of a sudden it went to that black screen and says, " system software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off you phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help." Then thats where i couldn't do anything with my phone but go to download/ODIN MODE and rebooting system thing where you can reboot system. I am very new and i don't know much about rooting and the meanings of a lot of words like unlock bootloader. If i go to ODIN MODE it says
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-1535
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 Counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty bit: 1
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV:1

I think this doesn't look good. What should I do to make my phone be working again and not showing that black screen?
I already wiped all data and tried to do that StockROm thing on my computer ODIN and still nothing.
Is my bootloader locked? if so do I need to unlock it to make my phone work again? Thanks so much for your time

Cruz3rLP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did you updated after rooting your SGS3 Verizon?

Games are a part of Life but Life is not a part of a game!

mmason315
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am in the same position as a lot of people with the s3. I have the Verizon model and had it unlocked using Odin while it was on 4.2. I accepted the Verizon update to 4.3 forgetting that it unroots it. Some people are saying that the only way to get my phone unlocked again is to find a way to flash it back to 4.2 version. Is there ANYWAY to unlock it on the 4.3 without bricking it??? If there is, how so???? Please help!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Cruz3rLP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Check modem version and your product code and massage me again!

Games are a part of Life but Life is not a part of a game!