LG G2 16GB Vodafone DE Debranding

OP Cienight

25th January 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

102 posts
More
Ok so here is the deal:
I got a LG G2 16GB on contract with Vodafone.de.The latest firmware OTA i could update on was 802c,but the problem is that i hate the carrier logo on power on and power off and a lot of bloatware that i cant unistall neither prevent from loading and running in the backround(joyn etc..).

Is there a way to flash this firmware 57 6DE/GERMANY_OPEN_16G found from this site http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=36?
Is this firmware untouched stock or is there an official lg source to get the latest international firmware?
My biggest concern is actually not voiding the warranty and i really dont know how to do this or if it requires root or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
25th January 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cienight

Ok so here is the deal:
I got a LG G2 16GB on contract with Vodafone.de.The latest firmware OTA i could update on was 802c,but the problem is that i hate the carrier logo on power on and power off and a lot of bloatware that i cant unistall neither prevent from loading and running in the backround(joyn etc..).

Is there a way to flash this firmware 57 6DE/GERMANY_OPEN_16G found from this site http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=36?
Is this firmware untouched stock or is there an official lg source to get the latest international firmware?
My biggest concern is actually not voiding the warranty and i really dont know how to do this or if it requires root or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

You will end up voiding the warranty.

Sent from my magic box.
26th January 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchedSoul

You will end up voiding the warranty.

Sent from my magic box.

ok say i dont give a **** about the warranty,am i going to be able to download ota updates normally after flashing the international firmware?
26th January 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

102 posts
More
no one willing to help on the matter?
26th January 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag The REAL Macedonia in GREECE
Thanks Meter: 19

116 posts
More
Just flash the OPEN DE firmware following the instructions on the link. It doesn't require rooting and it is easier than you suspect when you see the instructions for the first time. After you flash V10E it appears (not confirmed 100%) that you should be able to update only OTA. If you update via PC Suite it will revert back to the original firmware for your specific product code (Vodafone DE in your case). Apparently, the product code cannot be changed and your device will always be identified as Vodafone DE. If the OTA updates work...that's fine! If they don't, you will always have to flash the updates manually.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
The Following User Says Thank You to haki.gr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread