Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Decision on whether I should purchase a Sprint Samsung galaxy note 3

Tip us?

Duecemicro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Decision on whether I should purchase a Sprint Samsung galaxy note 3

I have the option of buying a Sprint Samsung galaxy note 3 n900p.12 for $240.00 I'm not sure if I should because it was apparently reported lost. I know someone that could clean the esn my only issue here is I want to be able to use it with a GSM carrier such as simply mobile or cricket or T-Mobile, etc. So my questions are one if it's rooted can it be used with a GSM carrier and will I get 4G speeds and two what's the value of a Sprint note 3. Thank you guys I appreciate the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duecemicro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 26th January 2014 at 08:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duecemicro View Post
I have the option of buying a Sprint Samsung galaxy note 3 n900p.12 for $240.00 I'm not sure if I should because it was apparently reported lost. I know someone that could clean the esn my only issue here is I want to be able to use it with a GSM carrier such as simply mobile or cricket or T-Mobile, etc. So my questions are one if it's rooted can it be used with a GSM carrier and will I get 4G speeds and two what's the value of a Sprint note 3. Thank you guys I appreciate the help.
I for one wouldn't go posting that you know someone that performs a service that doesn't appear kosher, as cleaning bad ESNs seems similar to laundering money. I don't believe the fine folks at Xda even want folks mentioning such services. If I'm off base, then tell me, and I will happily correct this.

As to using the GSM function, I believe that you'll never have 4G, from what I've read, but again I could be wrong. There are many threads on this forum exactly about this question.

Finally, why not buy the dang thing for the harvest? Heck, I'd buy it, clean ESN or no, as a spare part device, since at that price it is a dang good deal. You could probably make a tidy profit finding a buyer for it on Swappa, or a local cell repair store.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidDonX
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
I'm too am leary of buying a lost or stolen phone, but for $240 I would consider it. You can get it working on GSM (T-Mobile), and it will get decent data speeds. FWIW technically you will get T-Mobile 4G (it really named 3G/H+), but you wont get the LTE speeds. I tested a sprint S4 on tmobile, and it was getting 7mbps down and 1.2mbps up in my area. Talk and text worked great also.
DroidDonX
Current Phones:

[BWhite Samsung Galaxy S2 T989[/B]
ROM: Galaxy SBean v10.5 UNICEF ROM
TWRP 2.3.1.1 Recovery

White Samsung S3 T999
Fell and Cracked it's Face

Past Phones
Samsung Epic 4G
Used it until the Screen fell off (really the screen fell off )
ROM: CM10 NIghtlies

HTC Amaze 4G
Loved, but battery HOG.

Need help with Rooting, Flashing ROMs, or SoftBricks. PM ME!
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidDonX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingdazy
Old
(Last edited by kingdazy; 26th January 2014 at 02:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 669
this is hilarious, @micmars
your ability to be polite, and loquacious, with an undercurrent of smirk consistently astounds me,

and yes, for parts, sure. not for any other reason would I purchase this phone.

and further, xda is really Not Into having subjects about bad ENS stuff. expect a thread close.
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Rooted and ready! Too easy!
Running ☆ ★ Something from this section!! ★ ☆ (usually stock/rooted)
ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 - AndroidWookie FTW!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingdazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13635
And, thread closed as we do not do this type of discussion here...move along folks.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe