5,603,981 Members 43,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Offered A Nokia Lumia 1520, worth dropping G2 For?

Tip us?

bobsie41
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversayoceans View Post
I am petty sure i will be back... Just need a change.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
I've been there, done that. 1st, iPhone 5 which lasted me 10 days then nokia Lumia 900 which lasted me about 2 weeks and I was miserable.
Don't do it. The grass is NOT greener on the other side.

freebee269
Old
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
I have had the chance to play with the lumia 1520 for a week and I have to say it is a nice device. The 6 inch screen took some getting used to but now that I don't have it I miss it. My g2 is small now. I guess you can look at it in the same way people love their Samsung notes. They like the big screen. The lumia 1520 screen really is impressive too. I have to say it's better than my g2's screen. As far as the store goes, I found all the major apps that I use on android. Only the little side apps that are more specific to android I wasn't able to find. Wp8 is not wp7 so anyone bringing up wp7 doesn't have a clue. They don't even have the same kernel so they can't run the same apps. You'd have to make separate versions. Which is why wp7 is pretty much dead now. If you are going the windows route then you definitely want a Nokia phone. The camera on the lumia 1520 is better than our g2. It just is. It's 20mp with a better camera app made by Nokia that's better than what android has. Also it has ois done right. Not like our g2's ois that feels like it really has no ois. I hope lg improves that because after using anokia's ois you can definitely tell the difference. But after having said all of that I just like the customization more of android. But if I did try another platform then windows phone is what I'd go to and that very nice lumia 1520 is what I'd get.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269