Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ROM error

OP awesome4489

26th January 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
So I've just installed CM 11 (CyanogenMod) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113). I was running CM 10.2 and it notified me that there was an update available. And it was CM 11. So I installed it and went to CWM recovery and installed it. But, the installment failed, it said "Status 7". So I just rebooted the tablet, and decided to just not update it. But that's where the problem begins. The "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" logo shows up and that's where my heart stopped beating . It did not show the CyanogenMod logo after that. Instead, it rebooted BACK into CWM. Once again, I rebooted the device. and same thing happened. And don't say "Well, plug your SD card into your computer and install the previous ROM you had on it." Cause I can't. My tablet supports SD Cards, but the SD Card won't stay in. And don't say "Plug in your tablet to your computer, and use Odin to reinstall the other ROM you had" Cause my computer for ,some stupid reason, doesn't recognize it. And if possible, can someone tell me how to turn it off? Cause if I try to turn it off, it just turns back on, and it's overheating.
26th January 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome4489

So I've just installed CM 11 (CyanogenMod) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113). I was running CM 10.2 and it notified me that there was an update available. And it was CM 11. So I installed it and went to CWM recovery and installed it. But, the installment failed, it said "Status 7". So I just rebooted the tablet, and decided to just not update it. But that's where the problem begins. The "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" logo shows up and that's where my heart stopped beating . It did not show the CyanogenMod logo after that. Instead, it rebooted BACK into CWM. Once again, I rebooted the device. and same thing happened. And don't say "Well, plug your SD card into your computer and install the previous ROM you had on it." Cause I can't. My tablet supports SD Cards, but the SD Card won't stay in. And don't say "Plug in your tablet to your computer, and use Odin to reinstall the other ROM you had" Cause my computer for ,some stupid reason, doesn't recognize it. And if possible, can someone tell me how to turn it off? Cause if I try to turn it off, it just turns back on, and it's overheating.

Have you tried by wiping the cache partition and dalvik cache from CWM ?

--> "Status 7" explains that your current CWM version is incompatible. Check your current version and you need at least CWM 6.0.4.4 version to install the CM11(Kitkat)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548476
Last edited by bbugger; 26th January 2014 at 01:17 PM.
26th January 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbugger

Have you tried by wiping the cache partition and dalvik cache from CWM ?

--> "Status 7" explains that your current CWM version is incompatible. Check your current version and you need at least CWM 6.0.4.4 version to install the CM11(Kitkat)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548476

Yes, I even factory reset it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread