Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 45,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xoom verizon verson

Tip us?

bao_kdd_05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy xoom verizon verson

i have installed many rom into my xoom but all of its cannot work (or work very badly), but in almost title of theart about rom isnot show the verson of xoom . can someone show me a stable rom for my verizon xoom.
SR FOR MY ENGLISH.

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Honestly, in my experience, if you want a completely stable, fully functional rom for the Stingray, stick with stock. EOS and CM10.1 both randomly lock up on me, and by doing the BigPart partition and moving into the KitKat roms, you run the risk of being in the group that lost data functionality (myself included). If I can find a solution for the data issues myself and others are having on KitKat, I'll post back here, though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to webeougher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rapson2000
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I was one of those that lost data capability when I set up bigpart on my Stingray. How did you flash back to stock after trying bigpart?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapson2000 View Post
I was one of those that lost data capability when I set up bigpart on my Stingray. How did you flash back to stock after trying bigpart?

I haven't. I've been bouncing back and forth between EOS4/CM10?1 (both of which have data BigParted, as long as you use the ElementalX kernel) and CM11/Omni 4.4 (neither of which I've been able to get data working on).

rapson2000
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
I haven't. I've been bouncing back and forth between EOS4/CM10?1 (both of which have data BigParted, as long as you use the ElementalX kernel) and CM11/Omni 4.4 (neither of which I've been able to get data working on).

I'm sorry I just misunderstood. I have done the same thing... switched back and forth from Omni and CM11 on BigPart, and never had functional data service. I switched back to EOS and I now have 3G data, no LTE. My Xoom shows no IMEI number. I'm assuming the same thing is going on with yours? I've been reading up trying to figure out how to flash back to stock because the internet in general seems to agree that method is the only way to restore a lost IMEI. I'm going to try it this weekend if I have time.

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapson2000 View Post
I'm sorry I just misunderstood. I have done the same thing... switched back and forth from Omni and CM11 on BigPart, and never had functional data service. I switched back to EOS and I now have 3G data, no LTE. My Xoom shows no IMEI number. I'm assuming the same thing is going on with yours? I've been reading up trying to figure out how to flash back to stock because the internet in general seems to agree that method is the only way to restore a lost IMEI. I'm going to try it this weekend if I have time.

Using either the testing menu or the LTE On/Off app, I'm able to get my IMEI back on EOS, CM10.1, Omni, and CM11; however, I still can't get 4G on EOS or CM10.1 and I can't get any data on Omni or CM11. If you want to go back to stock, you'll need to undo the BigPart first. To do that, just follow the steps to BigPart it, but in the first step, flash the regular RAH TWRP and not the BigPart one. From there, I'm not entirely sure. I'll do some research and post another reply if I find anything.

bao_kdd_05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
Honestly, in my experience, if you want a completely stable, fully functional rom for the Stingray, stick with stock. EOS and CM10.1 both randomly lock up on me, and by doing the BigPart partition and moving into the KitKat roms, you run the risk of being in the group that lost data functionality (myself included). If I can find a solution for the data issues myself and others are having on KitKat, I'll post back here, though.

so does it not have any mod-rom for my verizon???? .please show me a rom for my verizon

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by bao_kdd_05 View Post
so does it not have any mod-rom for my verizon???? .please show me a rom for my verizon
Any rom that says "Stingray" in the title of the thread will work. There are several of them in the Xoom Android Development forum. Just be careful you don't try to install a rom that says BigPart unless you do the BigPart repartition.

The Following User Says Thank You to webeougher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]