[Q] P601 64GB sdcard unwritable

Tip us?

maainux
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] P601 64GB sdcard unwritable

Hi folks,

I recently got a 64 GB microsd card ( class 4) for my galaxy note 10.1 SM-P601 ( build:JSS15J.P601XXUBMJ9,Baseband:P601DDUBMJ1).

This card works fine when I use it on my laptop but I am unable to write it on the tablet.I am able to read the data though.
Below is the list of what I have already tried and failed.

1)I have tried rebooting,remounting reinserting
2) As the default format was exFAT I reformatted it into fat32 using fat32 formatter.
3) I tried partitioning the card on laptop into 2 32gb partitions and then using it on the tablet.
4) I have tried SD card accelerators from Play store.

Once I mount the sdcard it shows TOTAL SPACE: 62.5 GB in Settings->General->Storage.When ever I try to write the card it somewhat gets unmounted and shows TOTAL SPACE :0.0 bytes.

Please suggest a solution to make it work

CehowardNote3
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by maainux View Post
Hi folks,

I recently got a 64 GB microsd card ( class 4) for my galaxy note 10.1 SM-P601 ( build:JSS15J.P601XXUBMJ9,Baseband:P601DDUBMJ1).

This card works fine when I use it on my laptop but I am unable to write it on the tablet.I am able to read the data though.
Below is the list of what I have already tried and failed.

1)I have tried rebooting,remounting reinserting
2) As the default format was exFAT I reformatted it into fat32 using fat32 formatter.
3) I tried partitioning the card on laptop into 2 32gb partitions and then using it on the tablet.
4) I have tried SD card accelerators from Play store.

Once I mount the sdcard it shows TOTAL SPACE: 62.5 GB in Settings->General->Storage.When ever I try to write the card it somewhat gets unmounted and shows TOTAL SPACE :0.0 bytes.

Please suggest a solution to make it work
Have you formated it in the GN 2014?

Also, I wouldn't use a Class 4.. Just my opinion.

Also, they have some bad 64gb cards out there.. I would get a name brand 64gb class 10 from BestBuy, Staples, etc.. Format it GN 2014. If everything works, then the problem was the sd card.

I have a Sandisk Ultra 64gb Class 10 in my GN 2014 and my Note 3.. both work perfectly.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
Samsung Galxay Note 3/32gb/Black
Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

74, old, dirty and fast!!

maainux
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi gurus,
The Idea is to make the the 64 gb card (that working fine on my laptop) work on my note 10.1.
Please help .
What could be the possible reason.

kkretch
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by maainux View Post
Hi gurus,
The Idea is to make the the 64 gb card (that working fine on my laptop) work on my note 10.1.
Please help .
What could be the possible reason.
As you have tried several things, can you please tell us exactly what your situation is now so we can help you.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate

lecorbusier
Old
Thanks Meter 12
If the card is a used one, it may have been formatted as FAT32, to work in a non-Sdxc compatible device. The Sdxc capable note may boycott the card because of violation of the specs, so reformat it to exFat.
It was similar with 4GB SD cards, which shall not exist by spec, but worked fine in Sd devices, not in Sdhc ones.