5,598,938 Members 31,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Boot Failure?!?

Tip us?

tman0801
Old
(Last edited by tman0801; 26th January 2014 at 05:31 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Help Boot Failure?!?

So I recently rooted my Droid Razr M using Saferoot, I then used Safestrap to unlock recovery mode, I then tried to flash CyanogenMod 10.1.3 - xt907 and it did but when it rebooted I got this screen.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-le9f557, 2013-09-26 13:20:55)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56
Fasboot Reason: Boot Failure

I also tried accessing the bootloader and booting into:Normal Powerup, Recovery, AP Fastboot, Recovery and BP Tools to no avail, This is pretty urgent since this is my primary phone. Thanks to everyone in advance

EDIT: I was able to do a factory reset from recovery mode but still boots to the statement in red, is my phone bricked for good/should I contact Verizon anyone with anything they think could help would be very much appreciated.

aviwdoowks
Old
(Last edited by aviwdoowks; 26th January 2014 at 06:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman0801 View Post
So I recently rooted my Droid Razr M using Saferoot, I then used Safestrap to unlock recovery mode, I then tried to flash CyanogenMod 10.1.3 - xt907 and it did but when it rebooted I got this screen.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-le9f557, 2013-09-26 13:20:55)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56
Fasboot Reason: Boot Failure

I also tried accessing the bootloader and booting into:Normal Powerup, Recovery, AP Fastboot, Recovery and BP Tools to no avail, This is pretty urgent since this is my primary phone. Thanks to everyone in advance

EDIT: I was able to do a factory reset from recovery mode but still boots to the statement in red, is my phone bricked for good/should I contact Verizon anyone with anything they think could help would be very much appreciated.
This is what you need

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616117
You did it to yourself.
Locked phones cannot flash a custom rom.
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!

The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tman0801
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
This is what you need

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616117
You did it to yourself.
Locked phones cannot flash a custom rom.
Well the thing is I rooted it and got a custom recovery I kinda new to this and I thought that is all you needed

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Well the thing is I rooted it and got a custom recovery I kinda new to this and I thought that is all you needed
Safe Strap is a pseudo bootstrap recovery, as your kernel & real recovery are locked. Custom roms need a custom kernel. If you find a guide on rsd lite & the restore xml/fxz file you can do without HOM but HOM covers all the pit falls....

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2547804
read.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Do you know the build you were on? Must have been ...94 or ...1 they are the same.
So get ...94 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...33&postcount=2

then http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2391641
Good luck
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra Stuck W/O Root links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7. Wait Wait Wait: My OTG fix works!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RikRong
Old
(Last edited by RikRong; 26th January 2014 at 04:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
It is rooted, but SS is not a custom recovery. It works in conjunction with the stock recovery. Also, the CM Wiki page specifically states that you need an unlocked bootloader to use it.

Avi posted some good links to get this fixed. Your phone isn't bricked. The reason you're getting a boot failure is because you tried to flash over the stock side. Since your BL is locked you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT FLASH OVER THE STOCK SLOT. If you had attempted to create a slot and flash CM there, you would have got a boot fail too. However, you still would have been able to boot into the stock slot and delete the custom slot and start over. Always, always make sure you read and research, prior to doing anything.

edit: The screen you posted in your OP is the Fastboot screen. In that screen is where you will flash with RSD or a recovery script.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]