Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Comparison of AOSP ROMs for MDK phones

OP DracoDan

26th January 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
I'm trying to figure out what the most stable and functional ROM is for my MDK VZW S4. I've tried to research this several times but I find that I have to essentially read through every thread for every ROM, and even then there are things that are left out. My previous phone was a Galaxy Nexus, so I was probably spoiled by the wealth of information about the various ROMs, but there's no reason we can't have a thread like this.

History of my ROM usage with my S4
I started out with Hyperdrive ROMs but later decided I just couldn't deal with TW no matter how much work the Hyperdrive guys did try to clean it up (kudos to them for the best ROM for people stuck with a locked bootloader though!).
Next up I went to Gummy ROM to try out 4.4, which honestly hasn't really impressed me. My GPS never works right, seemingly related to the compass problem? Not sure here, but this is a major deal breaker for me.

Problems I've had and seen mentioned in multiple threads; are these fixed in ANY ROM???
  • The above mentioned compass problems. I've read about factory calibration issues, I'm going to try a few of those fixes, but I also see a LOT of people saying this is a driver issue? Which is it?
  • HDR camera doesn't work, attempting to use it just makes solid black pics.
  • Bluetooth audio playback problems. I've heard this mentioned many times, but haven't had a chance to test myself. This only becomes a big deal for me in the summer when I'm using this feature to stream music to the stereo on my boat.

Thanks!
Dan
Last edited by DracoDan; 26th January 2014 at 06:08 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, best rom, bugs, rom, roms
Previous Thread Next Thread